• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 05, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
Josh - good suggestion for Shultzie to consider putting his GoPro thru the thrower to see the REAL action. I suspect that's more likely to be considered by someone north of the border. Speaking of Don T, he seems to be somewhat absent. Wonder if he's out filming.
buttrock.gif

Josh / Harry.
That would be neat, but I've got enough videos for now. Let's have Don try it with his.
biggrin.gif

Hey Shultzie - sorry I couldn't get the car and the cub into the same picture, but in your TV show filming travels you might be able to see them together.

Doug - after you get the new hose don't you need to stop at the CC or Case/IH shop for some more HyTran? (the GOOD stuff?)

Camshaft pin removal:

293890.jpg

It just takes once trying to remove the camshaft pin from the wrong end to entice you to double check the manual to see that it's driven out from the PTO end or, as I try to remember, from the camgear end.
This is an off topic K321 that has "13 fins". Is that a good thing?
happy.gif

Harry-Stopped there first. Then to Autozone for some brake parts cleaner to clean up the mess. All together a $60 trip. Hose looked original so it lasted 40 years. Can't complain about that.

Just remember that the bearing plate keeps the pin in. always drive it out towards the bearing plate. only time 12 or 13 fin mean anything is with a K341

Got a head mystery here. Putting the 301back together for my "rescued" 126. The 1st 2 pic's are of the head that was on it when I got it. I suspect it's the wrong one judging by the low bosses and traces of red paint. But, it got taken to the mach shop and cleaned up any way. There are no numbers on it. Question #1: Anyone have an idea what it may be for?

293896.jpg

293897.jpg

The next 2 pic's are of a head that came from a 125 parts rig I picked up a couple years ago. This tractor still had the muffler and shield on it as well as the carb and rest of the engine tin.
I hope this is the correct head, but again, I am not sure. It has the number 2335461 cast into the underside as you can see. Brings me to question #2: is this the correct head for a 301 in a 126?

I'll probably go with this one unless I can find a nicer one.

293898.jpg

293899.jpg

72 PTO help
Can't find the front triangle spring for the PTO, old one apparently has been heated to the point it no longer springs back up, is there any remedy for this besides spending $60 on a whole kit??

Josh,Harry
I did get some snow clearing pics but between busy at work, a computor
destroy.gif
crash at home has me in lurker
lurking.gif
status

John great to see you posting

Dave....top head puts the spark plug over the exhaust valve....i think this one came on the 12hp motor...the bottom one is the LP head that everybody is after for the smaller combustion chamber came on the 10 hp ...a "little" more horse power..ya maybe...as far as correctness...you'll have to do the research...or the correct police will let you know...me ..I'd put the LP head on and make her scream..nice job cleaning up both by the way..
thumbsup.gif

Dave S - based on what others have said you "could use either" head. Mick M mentions the correct police might get after you - but I can't say anything about that. What I will say is, seems you could use either head BUT... and here's the but -

I assume you intend to use the tin cover over the head and the heat shield that bolts to the head. I'd suggest you lay the tin cover over the head and see which head has the spark plug hole in the correct place to line up with the hole in the cover. I'm gonna guess the head in the lower pics (Don called it the 10hp head and Mick the LP head) will be the correct one to use for alignment purposes.

The tin cover is important since it keeps the cooling air from the flywheel flowing over the entire head and existing onto the muffler. Othewise the air from the flywheel just blows up over the head and doesn't cool it at all.

Jeff - if all you can do is lurk, well get your rear out there and get some more pics so you're all ready once you do get back up and running.
bash.gif

Harry; the bottom head isn't the LP head. LP head has no dump area between the valves and the cylinder. that what people have been calling a second gen LP head. but its really just a stock 10 hp head.

Jack M. Try searching... CLICK HERE for ideas. I know there is a way to re-temper spring steel so hopefully this will help you out. Let us know how you come out with trying to re-temper the spring.

It's supposed to be warmer this weekend and we're scheduled to work tomorrow. I definitely need to get Fancy's 1650 out and do some snow moving with it. Poor little guy has been battling sinus infection so he won't be able to help me.
293902.gif

Off to work so everyone be warm and safe.
happy.gif

Don V. and John L. good to see the two of you posting again.

Jeff I'm always here looking. I could post some pics of what keeps me busy in my shop!
happy.gif

Back