Archive through February 05, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John B

worthless.gif

Thanks Guys, the placement of the engine tin is what prompted this inquiry. When the engine parts went to the machine shop, the head that was on it at the time went with, that's why it is so clean.

Then, when I started to mock up the engine, finding all the tin etc, I had to start taking apart the parts engine. That's when I found out the top tin (that was missing from my builder) wouldn't fit because of the plug placement in the original head. So I started robbing parts from it. Which, when I pulled the head, I discovered would have been a better choice for rebuild as it is still std bore!! I'm too far into this one now to turn back though.

AS it was, I had to go .030 overbore on the 126 block plus .010." on the crank & rod!!

David Schwandt

I would not worry about your rebuild if done correctly . It will last years if oil is changed and looked after. I would work that engine to break it in . I have done that to every engine I have rebuilt . I pull a drag till they get hot and cool and then do it again a few more times. All my rebuilds are strong working Tractors. I just have electrical issues with charging lol.

Don V.,
wave.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Paul Bell (Pbell) on Saturday, July 18, 2009 - 09:38 pm:

LP and standard heads. I believe on the Cub Cadets, the LP heads were only found on the 1964 model 100's.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

293908.jpg
293909.jpg

Kraig...oh keeper of the photo's..i've been missled all these years!!!...alot of people on other web sites and selling pages have called the 10 hp head an LP...thanks for showing us the differace ...and I got a personal
bottom.gif
for the head of the correct police this morning...going to my room and
a_weep.gif
Harry...want to join me!!!
roflol.gif

Kraig,
quote "Mick, don't thank me, thank Paul Bell" and Don V. He is where my info came from, I just made the pictures and passed it on.

Mick M - I'm not going to my room. I think Don V mis-read my message. I said YOU called it the LP head. At this point I can't tell an LP head from a PP head.
bash.gif

Don V and Kraig and Paul B if you're out there - I guess I need to stay out of the inside of engines but I can't see the difference between the bottom head in David S pics and the top head in Kraig's pics that I assume Paul provided. Maybe if these 2 pics were side by side I could see the difference (scrolling up and down makes me dizzy)
rolleyes.gif

Paul B.,
happy.gif

Hydro, I edited my post to make the images side by side. Now I suppose I'll get complaints that people's screens go wide. What's a guy to do.
dunno.gif

Latest posts

Back