• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through February 04, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BJohnson here are the photos from the FAQ (courtously of Charlies faq) the first in red is the balance gear circled
the second in blue shows where the webbing would be and the green is the thin washer
185023.jpg

185024.jpg

well I have had an exciting week so far. I was going down a sideroad that wasnt plowed, went into the ditch kinda sideways and hita power pole with the driver door with my new truck. The door needless to say is shot and the pole hit the cab "post" and shattered the windshield and driver window. I didnt have my seatbelt on, but I walked away without a scratch. the can shifted to the right at least 2 inches so im gona say its atotal, but it runs and drives like it did before this happend. pics soon

185027.jpg

This lift linkage came from a narrow frame parts tractor. The left end was attached to the sleeve hitch lift arm. The right end actually has two plates with a gap between them and was bolted through the lift arm where the front pivot for the linkage usually bolts on. Is the ear bolted to this part of the Brinly spring assist setup?

Also, I have a 127 parts tractor with a pretty good dash tin and a really nice hydrostat lever, but the hydrostat lever doesn't want to come off. The set screw came out easy enough, but the lever won't budge. I've soaked it with PB Blaster as well as I can and I've tried using prybars under the lever with heavy cardboard to protect the dash tin. I really don't want to damage either piece. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jerry

Always something new in the Vault...

I went digging for info about the Brinly spring assist and found a picture that makes me think the bracket I have is for the spring assist, but not mounted to the link bar correctly.

Charlie, along the way I spotted a pic of a tire changer you posted in '04. Where did you buy that and what range of sizes will it work on?

Thanks,
Jerry

Jerry M: The IH spring assist installs on the left side of the tractor . However!! The Brinly spring assist is clamped to the lift bar and is mounted on the right side of the tractor... Hard to tell from the photo but I suspect that is what you have (or at least part(s) of...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

MARLIN - I remember at PD #2, the field was hard, very hard, the dirt was rolling over in huge slabs, almost like blacktop. And Wyatt had His 73 CC there. Think He had an old 8" Brinley on it. He had a set of GY short bar/long bar tires, 7-12's, and I don't think He even had any weights and plowed VERY well. I had my 72 with 8.50 Firestones and about 75# of weight per wheel and was was struggling for grip with my 10" plow.
Sometimes the narrower tire allows higher weight per square inch of contact patch and lets You get down to better firmer dirt for traction.
The "Rule of Thumb" is to aim for 5 to 10% slippage, which is when ag tires are making a very clear imprint on the ground but not disturbing or piling the dirt from between the lugs up in the track. With the 125 You should have plenty of power, whatever speed you want to plow.

Whewwww.....we'll the NE got hammered last night. We had min 12" with drifts near 24". I stepped out into the yard and got buried to my knees.
7am this morning
board-post.pl

after 3 hrs on the cub
board-post.pl

board-post.pl

I'm sure a blower would have made quicker work of the excess of snow, but I'm just in AWE of the power this ol 149 has. With only chains it was crazy the amount of snow it would push. Using less then 1/2 throttle it would bury itself and keep going.

The township just cleared my street, so I can get out and help a few other people buried in.

Latest posts

Back