Archive through February 03, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not just use a good tank liner....if the holes aren't to big...if you do stay away from any fuel with ethanol!

Jerry-
What you have there is definitely the Deluxe seat! (I'm the guy who had the two seats reupholstered.)

I'm afraid I can't be of much help though. I took these two seats into a small "hole in the wall" local upholstery shop. The guy did the first seat and it came out beautiful. My seat did not have ANY of the original vinyl left on it, so we had to use that original brochure pic Kraig posted as a guide. When I went to pick it up, the guy charged me $80 to do it. I wasn't happy with the price, but the seat looked great. When a friend found the second seat, he had me take it back to the same shop. When I went to pick it up, it looked like crap so I made him redo it. (He admitted that it looked bad...I think he was drunk when he did it.)

Anyway, that shop went out of business shortly after that. If I were you, I would take that original seat into a local upholstery shop (with the original vinyl intact!) and see what they can do for you. (Again, make sure you save the old vinyl so they know how to make it!)

If you have the ability to spend some time with a small chisel and hammer, you can open up the old "pinch" on the seat-pan and get all of the crusty vinyl cleaned out then remove the old foam and vinyl and get the seat pan cleaned up and repainted. That will help your upholstery guy so he's not starting from the ground up.

Keep us posted on the progress. We don't see a lot of these seats all redone.

Charlie-
I'm not in Maine, but you've got my interest. What up???

We just got 18 inches of snow and CC is still in storage.
IHThumbsDOWN.jpg

But box scraper is in the building and can push snow in reverse and level gravel in forward. Will a gear driven r123 tranny hold up leveling hard dirt.
pcwhack.gif

Attachments

• IHThumbsDOWN.jpg
    IHThumbsDOWN.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 131
  • pcwhack.gif
    pcwhack.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IHThumbsDOWN.jpg
    IHThumbsDOWN.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 132
Brady B.
Did you convert something?
Maybe that R you put in there means revised. LOL
A 123 is a hydro, and yes it will handle moving hard dirt, as long as you have enough traction.

When I worked for.Mt Mansfield in Vt. We would fill fuel tanks with sand let them sit a day or two ,then braize them. Then bead blast them clean flush them out and paint them with an industrial primer. At times there wasn't an option to braize so we fiberglassed them till we could order in a new one .

As far as my starting issue ,we had tornado watches yesterday and so I dI'd not get any further on it .lol safety first . I will tell you the longer I look at this yellow monster the more work it needs done .lmao but I'm in it for the long haul so I'm grateful you all are her we .lol

Al V - sounds to me like you got bad case of Yell'r and White Fever. It's a chronic incurable disease.
Gets real tuff at times and only way to calm it down is get another Cub or put in a whole lot of Cub time.
animatedihbear.gif

Attachments

• animatedihbear.gif
    animatedihbear.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 133
  • animatedihbear.gif
    animatedihbear.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 126
Al V,

In order to be totally satisfied; take the tractor all apart, sandblast it down to the metal, prime it, and put about five to seven coats of Case IH Irongard on it. Then put some new decals on it and you will be happy from now on!
thumbsup.gif

It will look like the pic on the next page.
bash.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 131
  • bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 137

Latest posts

Back