• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through December 26, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott Stanton, just because I've got them. I'll post the measurements anyway. I.D. = .410, O.D.= .870, Length = .750, as a sidenote I measured all 3 and found all different measures. No part was identical to another! It was only a few thousandths but still no 2 parts were alike! I did get most of the hydro parts mounted and when I removed the clutch cover I discovered there was no pulley to drive the unit! This tractor has a replacement motor in it and I guess they never installed the pulley when they did the swap.... 8-( I did find a used pulley and all it cost me was shipping so I should be completed next week. I hope it don't snow 'til then!!!

Brennan:
Keep the O, fix it up for mowing and find a J**n D***e to cut up like that. (it'll never mow lawns, unless your lawn is a yard wide and a 1/4 mile long....). Ummm, four stacks? A pair of KT17's? <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica"><font size="-2">(Usual disclaimer..)</font></font>

Well i finally got my front axle out on my 100, it took about an hour,a big a$$ punch, and a 5 pound hammer! needless to say it was seized in there, i cleaned it up on the wire wheel, it is really worn out from pivoting on the wrong part of the pin, i was wondering if the pin is still good, or should i fab a new one?
112163.jpg

112164.jpg

I was also wondering if it would be a good idea to put a grease fitting on the axel to keep this from happening again? has anyone ever done that? i was gonna just use the drill press to drill a hole in the center of the axle.

Also how do you remove the original grease fittings on the spindles, one of mine is broken, as i cant get it to take grease, there is no nut collar on the base.

Brennon, my Originals frame was cracked around the lower bolt holes. I got a piece of 1/8" by 2" angle iron and fabbed a new piece in there. I added it to the inside so you can't see anything from the outside. Here are some pics of the angle on the inside of the frame rail. Kind of hard to see, but you'll get the idea. Nick
112168.jpg

112169.jpg

Jason, here are some pics of my 149 ignition switch and plug... Nick
112173.jpg

112174.jpg

Matt S., I'd say that pin is trash! Either fab or preferably get one from a sponsor above. I have drilled up the center with a central 90' discharge and added a grease zerk for lube, works well. The broken zerk will need to be drilled out, works best with left hand twist bits and some patience. Good Luck, Mike F.

Kendell Ide (Kide) Gone searching for the Grump...... I hope you find him and he comes back to posting on here! I used to get a kick out of the way he used words to relay a thought. Why Have a profile if there is nothing to relate. Better stay in bed and be safe. Not the way i have lived my life.and if someone wants to mess with me well i guess there small in mind.I was Cub less 3.5 years ago and this form is the reason i have 8. I had a Bolens and could not get info on how to install the deck, so I sold it and it was a great tractor. I guess i just have to cut my postings.
old.gif

Nick H Thats 1 fine looking 149 in you profile,Thanks for that . i hope my 149 looks that good when i paint it
worthy.gif
.I`am working at my 129 loader getting it ready to paint in Jan. I have ask the local paint shop to spray the hood and fenders to get a nice gloss and tuf finish. I love the looks of a Cub Cadet returned to what they were .
old.gif

Matt, that pin is trash go and buy a long 3/4 inch bolt and cut the head off first then saw the new pin a bit longer than that one. The thread section goes in your metal pile too. Easy pin fix!

Latest posts

Back