• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 11, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott, Steve, Dave K. very cool setups!

Michael, if I recall correctly, John Lang made that "bumper" for knocking down soil when planting in his garden.

John L., did I get that right? Why the chain, did the 122 have to tow that poor JD?
happy.gif

Hey Guys,

Thanks for explaining the starter motor and for suggestions on getting it running. With the weather we are having in northern Wisconsin, the next time I use the tractor may be to mow grass in mid February. Rain and a relatively mild breeze this morning.

Hi charlie I was at this guys house the other day,he has several power king tractors with 18hp kohler engines. The engines are bolted directly to the frame and belive it or not they have no vibration problems.These tractors are larger than our cubs and might absorbe the vibration better.Whats your thoughts

Fred B.,

I'm not Charlie, but I will point out that many of the early Cubs had their 10 and 12 HP Kohler engines bolted solid to the frame.... no isolators, no rubber grommets, no nothing... and they still seem to do just fine that way. Now maybe the 18HP engine you're talking about is somehow different, but I would doubt it.

Consider this:
This past summer, I had a recent discussion with my long-time local Cub service/dealer on this matter. He mentioned that on many of the later Cubs that were OEM equipped with isolators came in to him with busted engine mounts. He determined that the isolators allowed a slight amount of movement, which in turn allowed them to get worn & tore up, resulting in the engine being loose and loosing or snapping off mounting bolts. As the fix, he would simply clean up the mounting holes and bolt them solid to the frame, as the earlier Cubs were. No problems.......
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

how good are the trans in a 70 or original. will it be safe to pull a brinly 10 inch with them?

Kevin,
I think this answers your question. The transmissions used in the 70 and the originals are is the same transmission used in all the IH Cub's and they will take just about anything you can throw at them. I personally pull an 8" with my Original, but I wouldn't hesitate putting my 10" on it either, Its just a little bit heavier and my arm gets tired of lifting it.
beerchug.gif

46856.jpg

46857.jpg

Ken - Window motors I've got are late 70's GM from windows on an Olds '98. I've bench tested them - seemed to have plenty of torque. I think they're the same as used in power seats, which have to have plenty of power to move fat .....er - never mind.

I've got some twenty amp 12 volt circuit breakers, maybe I'll put one of them in line, but the other thing I was wondering - on the slip clutch, what was the source of the wavy washers? - I really like that solution.

Thank you guys, Roland that is exactly what I was looking for you are better than a lifesaver, your a certs.

Hi Fellas,

I've got a question regarding my 129. According to my friggin' Kohler manual
rtfm.gif
, I should annually do the following:

REMOVE STARTER FROM CRANKCASE.
CLEAN DRIVE SHAFT WITH SOLVENT & DRY.
LUBRICATE STARTER DRIVE WITH #52-357-01.

(Ok, so maybe I'm experiencing another brain-fart condition
dizzy.gif
)

Doesn't my 129 use a generator/starter motor and NOT an electric starter?

If the above is true, is it recommmended that I then dis-assemble the starter/generator annually and lube it?

Thanks!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Back