• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 26, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh,
They did have a CC 149 that was the 500,000th cub cadet made. I don't think they dolled it up as much as the 1066 tractor, but IIRC it had hubcaps and such. I'm sure Dennis or others have alot more info.

John L - you need to check to see if you have the "really" rare K341 block. Kohler changed the casting later on. The early ones have 13 cooling fins and were cast with a thicker cylinder wall. The later ones had 12 cooling fins and not as much meat on the cylinder so they can't be bored out as much. Both 12 and 13 fin blocks came in the Model 169 tractors since they were apparently being produced right at the time Kohler changed the casting, and based on details Art A has collected there may actually have been more 169's with a 13 fin instead of the 12 fin, but overall there are a lot of K341 blocks out there which were also used in the 1650 Quite Line series. (but some of the 1650 Quiet Lines also came with the 13 fin casting K341 block, but not many). The only way to know is count the cooling fins.
SO PUT THAT ENGINE back into a Model 169 tractor. To many have already been removed by Pullers who used them in something else, and many blew them up over revving, etc.

500,000th was a 149 with a pretty red and white seat cover...IIRC...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

You know, us pullers get a pretty bad rep... I have "saved" twice as many Cubs that were on there way to the scrap yard than most guys around, and I am not in the minority. Yes we gather lots of cubs for parts, but I sell alot of parts on here to get the pretty ones running again.

Harry, you make it sound like Kohler only made 4005 13 fun kohlers too. NOT TRUE... There may have only been 4005 169s, but there 10,000's of 13 fins made. I'vepulked them out of many other machines from the same era.

I know I'm not going to change your idea that pullers basically the same as scrapers... But at least you can try to remember we are keeping those parts around, not melting then down.

Kraig - Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - even tho the pic you posted is black and white, I can sure tell that thing on the seat is not a red and white cover
yikes.gif

(Under Edit - I think I want one of those White Hats with an IH emblem like the guy is wearing!!)

John L - sorry if my posting confused you. There were 4005 Model 169's and not all got a 13 fin K341 block. I don't know if there were more than 4005 13 fin blocks. There could be because some were used in the model 1650 as I mentioned but couldn't have been that many because Kohler transitioned to the 12 fin. (I suppose it was easier to cast, less costly, or provided them some benefit or they wouldn't have made the change). I wasn't trying to give Pullers a bad rap either, but I do believe many pullers do conversions and modifications that shorten the life of the engines. With as few 169's as were built I hate to see them tore up or scraped to use the K341 in a dedicated pulling machine. There were plenty of 1650's so I'd prefer they used a 12 fin K341AQS from one of those if they just gotta have a 16hp engine.

after that 500,000 cub was built 6737 tractors later the 169 was built

I think that 500000th cub pic was taken at corporate hq 401 N Michigan Ave Chicago

IH sure had the "Midas touch" back in those days! It is so hard to believe that they reached that half million mark in less than a decade and a half! Do you know Kraig if any other pictures of that machine exist and where it currently resides?

Latest posts

Back