• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 25, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jboelens

displayname
John Boelens
Shultzie the throttle cable for an Original is NLA from the IH Dealership.

I'm looking to replace (long overdue) the blades on my CC125 48 inch mower deck with set of new Fisher Barton brand Marbain blades which I've read about online. A call to the mfg was unsuccessful. They said they couldn't help me out because they only sell directly to mower manufacturers and have no relevant cross-reference part number information that would be of any use to me. Does anyone know of a source where one can obtain these particular blades? I'm hoping that the actual dimensions of my old blades will suffice in identifying a cross reference number. It is tempting to use these blades which they claim are lighter and more durable than standard steel blades and hold a sharper edge longer. I'm game to try. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Eddie

I am trying to get a clear answer on the age of my two Originals. One of them may have another number after the clearly marked 4 before it but I am not sure. So the differences between the 2 are:

One has a clearly marked 4 digit number and no creeper lever hole and no steering adjustment cutout.

The other has both the creeper hole and steering cutout. This one may have another number that is a weak casting stamp.

Another forum member visited recently and pointed out the differences. He was by far the most knowledgeable person ever to visit and share information with me.

Now I would like your collective opinions.

Ed M. did a little searching on your blades and noted your finding of not available. But, one location said a GRAVELY dealer maybe able to order them for you. Also STENS parts supplier may have them. E-mail Charlie here at Cub and see if he can inquire for you.

Otto C.
So are we supposed to guess as to what the 4 digit numbers are, or would you like to share that info?

Charlie, the numbers stamped in the rear end housing. Supposedly the serial number of the unit.

Can anybody send me a picture of the back of their light switch? Working on my 105, need to know if the yellow and purple wires go on the same terminal or is it the blue and yellow? Also why does the dark blue wire that runs off the harness from the key switch have a tab terminal on it?

While using my 129 today it suddenly quit going forward or reverse. I thought I sheared the pin on the drive shaft but it is turning properly. I took off the fenders and all the linkage seems to be working as it should. Any suggestions??

Otto C.
I guess I'm stupid!
You asked for the year of your machines, gave us no serial numbers and want an answer to something that no one but you knows anything about.

If you don't know where the REAL serial number is, the FAQ's work great for that.
UNLESS I'm missing something else.

http://cubfaq.com/serialnumbers.html

Charlie, I won't disagree with you. If you say you are stupid, then you are entitled to your opinion.

Of course I know the serial numbers tell the age. But one casting may or may not have another number. It is difficult to tell. So there must be someone who knows the physical difference from model year to model year.

Try reading my original post again.

Otto, the Original only ever had the serial number stamped in one location, on the right hand side of the gear reduction housing. If you provide us with the actual numbers we should be able to narrow the date of build down to the week of a month of a year. If you post a photo of the stamped numbers that would be even better. One can not go on details like if it has the creeper gear cut out as the frame was prone to cracking and could have been replaced.

snacks.gif

Attachments

• snacks.gif
    snacks.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 153
Sean H.,

Have you looked at the wiring diagrams on this site? Click on "topics", then "wiring diagrams", then "Roland's fancy colored wiring diagrams" and scroll down to the fourth one.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 138
Charlie,
I started the tractor and the 1/2 inch that comes out the back of pump is not turning.

Ed M..
My Scag came with Marbain blades.. they may be better, but I'm hard on blades and I have never thought the Marbains lasted longer than the other less expensive blades did. This is in about 10 years of using the Tiger Cub. You might check with a Scag dealer if you've got one in the area to see if they've got any that fit.

Mike S. Check the pin on the BACK end of the driveshaft, common problem, especially if someone has replaced it with a common roll pin rather than a Spirol....

Gerry,
You were correct. I only looked at the front of the driveshaft because I had replaced the front pin. New pin installed and works. Thanks.

Otto,

The serial/production number should be stamped on the right side (sitting on the tractor) of the housing where the tranny is bolted to the frame.

Since you don't want to give your serial numbers, the s/n of originals in 61' are #590 to #21682.
In 62' the #'s are: 23675 to 47951.
In 1963 they started making the 70/100 series, so the numbers are combined. The production numbers are: 49846 to 71470.

You can thank Paul R. Bell and Charlie Proctor for this information. I doubt very seriously this is their opinion, but fact.
thumbsup_old.gif
ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 137
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 140
OK one more time.

It isn't that I don't want to give you the numbers, I will. But the question is about physical differences in the 3 years the Originals were made.
One is clearly stamped 4377.

The other one is stamped 2566. Or 25661. That unknown number if that mark is a number, throws the date off quite a ways.

BUT if there might be another number after the 2566 which makes it a serial number in the 5 digit range and not 4 digit range. It is hard to tell on the casting if it is a number or some shape on the cast housing.

Therefore, if someone could throw out an opinion about the dates by the appearance of the steering adjustment opening, or the absence of a creeper hole, or anything else, then I would have something else to judge it by.

What I was told by my visitor is the 2566 should have another number because it should not be older than the 4377. That opinion was made by the physical appearance and his impressive knowledge of these tractors.

I read Ken's book. As detailed as it is, and with the wealth of information this forum has provided over the years, I didn't think this would be so hard.

I"m sorry I can't make this any plainer.

Latest posts

Back