• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 14, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digger--

RE: our sponsors... yeah they're good to all of us... but if you notice in Matt's post, the spiroll pins are $$$ from the dealer, where as McMaster-Carr has them for much more reasonable price.... I see it this way... saving money on parts like this means more $$ for more cubs or more specific dealer-only parts.

$.02!

Thomas B.-

The part number is 95755A419 which is a package of 25 for $9.95 + shipping. That works out to 40 cents each. Sorry, Charlie, I'm not paying $3 apiece for something I can buy in bulk...The sponsors are nice, and I'll buy stuff I can't get from CCC, but CCC's prices are RIDICULOUS for fasteners. Even my local dealer thinks these prices are awful.

I was brought up that loayalty was everything in the business world.
I ran/run my business that very same way and IMHO I have done quite well over the years with that philosophy.
In fact, I don't know many out there that retire at 39 and never look back with regret for the way things were done.
THAT'S my story and I'm stickin to it.
And then we wonder why parts go NLA with so much regularity!

I can see buying the spirol pins from McMaster-Carr in bulk if you need a bunch of them, but if you only need one it's cheaper to buy them from your local dealer or one of the forum sponsors. Think about it, if you buy that box of 25 for $9.95 plus shipping which has got to be at least another 2 bucks and you only use two of those pins they are going to be closer to $6 each. And if you're like most people by the time you need another one you'll forget where you stashed the remaining 23.
bash.gif
roflol.gif

CCC isn't the sole producer of spirol pins, in fact, I doubt they make their own. I buy Cub Cadet parts from the dealer, but I refuse to buy hardware from them! Besides, not buying one thing from them won't make something completely different go NLA. I would gladly buy all of my spirol pins from CCC if they would get their astronomical hardware prices back in line. I won't think twice about buying OEM parts like iso-mounts, clutch springs, bearings, etc. from my local dealer. No one else makes these parts, so I gladly pay the dealer's prices so I can get my tractor operational again. Many places make and sell spirol pins, so I see no need to pay CCC's grossly inflated price for them. Excuse me for trying to save a little money for the big ticket items! My local dealer gets close to $350 out of me every year when I buy parts to fix up my too-large fleet. If I was still buying $3 spirol pins I guarantee I would have had to use the moog chassis rubbers as iso-mounts instead of buying the correct and expensive ($85) parts from my dealer. And I go through a lot of spirol pins....

Hopefully I can get off my soapbox now...jeez...

Kraig-

You've got 4 in a gear drive drivetrain, 2-3 in most hydros, if you work the tractor extremely hard (i.e., plowing) they tend to not last too long. I bet at least half of the people on here have more than one cub, too.

Sooooooooo....any suggestions on my ailing electric lift?

Matt, the Cub Cadet 125 (my favorite Cub) has one 1/4" x1.5" spirol pin in the driveline. There is also one 1/4"x1.5" solid "dowel pin" in the driveline. In 38 years of hard use since my parents bought it new, my #1 125 has only sheared ONE spirol pin and lost one dowel pin, (it fell out and now has a 1/4" bolt in it's place). My #2 125 in the 14 years that I have owned it has yet to shear a spirol pin or the dowel pin. I agree with you that the hardware from a Cub Cadet dealer is overpriced. Often for hardware the Parts Lookup states: "Common Hardware Purchase Locally". I suppose one could consider the spirol pins common hardware.
happy.gif

Thomas B.
You say it needs repaired. Just what needs repaired?
As far as where the wires go, have you checked the FAQ's for a wiring diagram?

As far as taking the end of the motor off, it's not a big deal. I've rebuilt many in less than a hour, just keep some popsicle sticks handy to hold the brushes down on re-assembly.

Back