Archive through August 05, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robert B.
worthless.gif

Charlie,
Since rather than plow/shovel/throw/move snow I believe that "if I can't drive thru it, I just stay home", I guess if I lived up your way I would be staying home a lot.......
lol.gif
dunno.gif

Charlie said nothin's gonna keep him from the pub when it's Miller Time !

Dennis - I said he did it , I didn't say it worked.

Thinking about getting a 60" swisher offset mower to tow behind 782 to decrease mowing times. Any thoughts or opinions?

Lucas, glad it worked! For stubborn woodruff keys i use a brass drift and a hammer to tap it out, sometimes theyre seized in there so penetrating oil and sometimes manhandling cant hurt.

Not on here too often, mostly just a lurker. Just wanted to show you guys what I picked up this week!
1AA_dance2.gif

228548.jpg

Does anyone know anything about the tiller? I was told it needs a drive shaft. But I don't think it will work.
dunno.gif
Looks like the tines never been in the ground.

228549.jpg

228550.jpg

Now that is one sweet 982!!!
drool.gif

Gotta see more pictures of that loader and hear what you can do with it. As far as the tiller, can't say I have seen one like that before, but the spline looks like a wanna be 1000rpm doesn't it? Biggest thing finding the shaft to fit it? I could see you having to build the shaft since I am sure the two splines are different (tractor & tiller) At least, that would be my luck
bash.gif

Where did you find such a beast anyway? I seen a picture on a web site once, I should see if I can find it, a guy had a loader on a 982 at a plow day - that thing looked SWEET!

1a_scratchhead.gif
Think I am partial to red 82 series??
dizzy.gif

Awesome 982, I'll have a loader tractor someday, if im lucky, backhoe too

Charlie, after looking at all that snow, can you post a bunch of pictures of summer time this winter. Not looking forward to moving snow this winter.

Thanks guys, it was in the area for sale. The guy I purchased it from bought it as is to do some landscaping with some dirt and stones. He bought as pictured with the whole set up. The loader is tied into the tractor lift system. It's pretty slow to move the arms up. Tractor is a little hard to steer with the loader empty. Kinda like turning the wheels on dry pavement with a QA42A hanging off the front.

Having the same luck as Mike I did turn the spline shaft on the tiller. It turns the opposite way the tractor PTO turns.
bash.gif
I did some searching and after a few hours found it was made for a power king. Can't seem to find any other info on it.

Tim, I'd let you have the pool, and gladly help you take it out, but that's the wife's and she wouldn't be too happy with me if I let ya.
bottom.gif

Jim - Simple solution ... pack her suitcase
1AA_dance2.gif

Yep that's a shame about the PTO direction. But I wouldn't throw it away. I live to far away from ya !
You need to put a dedicated hydraulic pump on that loader for sure.

Charlie, Looking at those pix remind me of how you turn your dishwaher into a snow thower.....
Give her a shovel.

Jim-

I'm with Ken, don't do much with that until you get the loader on its own pump so you don't wreck the hydro.

Ken and Matt,

I thought the same thing too when I saw how it was plumbed. Thanks for the confirmation.

Now don't run too fast with this, but could you take the tines off, flip the gearbox 180 degrees and put 'em back on?? I can't tell enough from the pics, but the mounting bolt pattern is square, it just depends on what the gearbox is like (it looks to be just a right angle unit with the pinion centered on the "axles", not above it like some of the worm reduction units....)
dizzy.gif

Latest posts

Back