• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 02, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James "Mc",
I use a air chisel to knock out those nasty lil' roll pins. One pffft, and there out. The creeper gear handle will wiggle its way into the creeper groove. When you unhook everything the frame can be lifted up to get the clearence.

James "mc",
Don't thing the PB will do much good. he roll pins work with compresion.

The 10 and 12 hp cranks are milled flat on the bottom.The 14 and 16hp cranks are full round on the bottom easy way to spot them.

got a quick question for yall: i pulled the plug out of my 108 today (it started acting funny), and i saw it was fowled pretty bad. the plug i have is a champion H10C. i think i need a hotter burning plug, but IDK!!! any input would be greatly appreciated. talk at you later. bill.

Taking a breather it's hot. Got the roll pin out, and I can spin the starter and most of the time the drive shaft woudl turn in the coupler. I disconnected the clutch/break linkage, but just cannot get the rear end to back out. I am able to lift the frame up to be sure it wasn't hung up on the rear end. Can't see anything else holding it so I imagine that when I jack up the middle of the tractor to clear the creeper handle and breather it binds the shaft in the coupler?
A little late lunch and back at it.

Jimmy Mac, <font size="-2">(Got a new name every post)</font>
Is the breather on to of the creeper unit off?

No I started with the breather cap on. Sounds like your going to suggest I remove it. I left it on hoping to keep out any dirt.

After some decent rain, my grass is actually growing again, warranting a cut (finally.) I got my mower deck back yesterday from my mechanic welder as it needed stiffening around the guide wheel bracket.

I got to some thicker higher grass and the mower started struggling. It slowed significantly. The engine did not skip a beat. I know that the clutch was not slipping because it was rebuilt in April by the same mechanic that welded up the mower deck.

I suspect the drive belt to the deck. I have ensured it was tight-- the belt that the PO gave me when I bought it back in April is a green sunlite and I'm thinking that's the culprit. I'm betting I need a CNH belt for it to work correctly.

Apart from that, it mowed great!

Latest posts

Back