• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 28, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin good Marty!
beerchug.gif

Narrow frame hyd lift parts......NICE!!!

Hey! I was wondering if any of you folks have experienced OEM Kohler ignition coil failure issues. I have a new OEM ignition switch, new complete wiring harness, new voltage regulator, new OEM Kohler coil, condenser, points, coil to points wire. My machine a circa 1970 126 has been running and starting very well since I decided to do a basic electrical restoration..These parts have been on the 126 for maybe two years, but have less that 10hrs of actual run time on them. I was planning on grading my drive and did my normal starting routine, full choke, 1/8th throttle and was expecting it to start within 5 or 6 revolutions of the S/G.. Nada..zip..turns great, no spark..Replaced the plug, checked the coil wire..Tried it again, zip, no spark...At present I know I have 12 volts going to the + side of the coil with the key on.. I checked the OHMs across the + and - terminals of the coil and came up inconclusive..no discernible reading on my multimeter...I was hoping some of you might share a little wisdom..or Cub electrical wizardry with me....Thanks..John

John,
Clean the surface of the new points where they contact each other
I just installed a new set of points and had the same issue, seamed to be a coating on them. A bit of sand paper cleaned them up and had spark

The last two pieces of the puzzle......
The hood and the seat.

They are not different colors, the pics just turned out that way.

320353.jpg

320354.jpg

Had to get on with it. It is supposed to be windy and wet for about a week.

John,

Make sure all your connections (including ground) are clean.
You might want to check the safety switches too. Not sure right off if they would be causing that problem, but it wouldn't hurt.
thumbsup_old.gif

After some garage cleaning, I'll be getting the 100 rear axle apart and start the fixing. I decided it was best just to stuff things in the garage over the long cold winter.

John M,

Also with the switch in the start position, check to make sure the lead wire to the coil is live with a continuity light or voltage meter. Sometimes the switch will go bad and will provide power to the coil in the on position but not in the start position.

Three weeks ago we had over a foot of snow. Wednesday I looked at the lawn and thought I might have to mow this weekend. Emergency mower care package delivered. I did get an extra snowblower belt just in case.....
dunno.gif

board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back