• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 28, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my 126 12hp oil leak: So I will need to order a bearing plate gasket, oil pan gasket, and crankshaft seal. Do shims come with the bearing plate gasket, or do I have to buy them separately? Or do I reuse what's in there? Also, The oil pan gaskets I found specified narrow base or wide base. I'm assuming that it would be narrow base because it's a narrow frame Cub?
Thanks-Pat

Ok, I give up. Anyone know how to remove the PTO button from the actual PTO? It appears it should just pop off but I can't seem to get mine out.

Patrick Fay The gaskets are the shims, the gasket set has several different thickness gaskets. If
you are careful taking them out you can figure what you need. Their job is to take up cam shaft end play.

Charlie, I think that's a pulley directly on the crankshaft?
My 100 only has the basket, no PTO. But I'm only going to use it with the blade, so I'm not putting a PTO back on. I would like to see the very end of it as well
1a_scratchhead.gif

The pulley runs direct on the crank. It is a taper lock bush with a taper lock pulley on the end. The taper lock bush got 2 allen cap screws, helping to secure the bush on the shaft.
320294.jpg

Well we can rule out the PTO making noise.. it's fixed to the shaft. How about the pulley behind it Gerrie? Does the pulley fit tightly to the shaft? It should be keyed and setscrewed onto the shaft, but many have come loose and end up with a lot of play, causing damage to the shaft and keyway.

Has anyone ever replaced the bearing on a original reduction drive shaft if so is it hard to do?

Well thanks to Brian, I got the 123 chassis and can replace the 100 axle shaft now, and a straight rim to swap the AG onto. Going thru my parts, I think I'll be listing some things for sale soon. Man, I think I went nuts!

Earl I was hoping that thing would get you going again. She was pretty rough, but still some usable pieces there. When I grabbed that one, I picked up my Dad's old 1650 that I grew up on. He parked it at least 20 years ago. I swapped the ags onto my 782, and I want the rear lift off of it, but curiosity got to me tonight, and I threw a battery charger on it. It cranks over, with compression. I've got no spark. There is power at the coil. The throttle and choke cables are free, the hydro lever is pretty stiff, and the hyd lift is tight....but I'm thinking this needs to undergo some exploratory surgery to see what the heck happened to it. I highly doubt Dad bailed on it because of a no spark issue, but I don't know. I guess in my free time I'm gonna have to dig into this one...

Brian, check points and plug. Shoot linkage with penetrating oil and wait until next weekend. Yep, run the gammut on checking stuff. I got a mower once the mechanic owner accidentally closed the plug gap replacing it. I opened and bingo!

Hi friends, I have a 105 with the narrow frame hydraulic lift kit. It was new to me but obviously used. I have a leak at the pump shaft. It leaks a little while sitting, a lot while running. I did install two new seals (National 342805) before I mounted it on the tractor. There does seem to be a little wiggle (side to side) on the pump shaft when I apply force to the pulley. I checked the shaft when I rebuilt everything and there wasn't any scoring or any sign of wear around the area of the seals. I didn't mic it out though. Has anyone run across this and had a fix?

Kevin J.
Sounds like your pump shaft might have some wear issues. I've had a couple guys that had the same problem and they used either teflon past between the seal and or a fine layer of teflon tape before and in between the 2 seals and that solved that problem.

Thanks very much. I will try the teflon tape and see if that helps. I have looked around a little bit and those shafts are nearly impossible to find. I live in an area with a lot of machine shop services so I might explore the idea of having one made. If I remember right the gear is just pinned onto the shaft, so it might be just a shaft replacement and not the gear. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back