• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 28, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul, ah! Thanks, I wasn't sure of the sequence of events. I've heard it before, but couldn't recall exactly. Yes, I've been made aware of those casting flaws that ID #411 in several photos. Ummm, you and Jim didn't by chance record any of those conversations with Harold did you?

I believe this is one of the identifying flaws.

150728.jpg

150729.jpg

Back to the deck questions....
In the pictures of the decks, the one leaning against the WMI bucket is a 42" - right?
The 48" that came with my 129 is identical to that in style, and that's what it's called in my (pristine, unused, no greasy fingerprint) 129 manual, but I think I keep seeing references to 44" and 50" in that style... Was that style "series" 38"/42"/48" ? I ask because I've had issues at times getting blades...and I think at least once I got 50" blades....

Hello, I am new here. I have a 106 with a wiring issue that I hope to get some help on. When I got it, it had not ran in 10 years and the wiring harness was complely rotted away. I have replaced everything on the 106 that is electrical including the generator. Now I am having an issue when the blue wire is connected to the regulator, the tractor tries to start. I basically have to start the tractor and then connect the blue wire so the battery charges. Its a pretty ghetto way but is the only way it will work. I was thinking maybe the solonoid isn't working, but its new too. The Regulator is new, the harness is new. Once it is running, it will run strong all day.

Any ideas?

Kraig,

Here's what I have and where it was mounted.

150735.jpg

150736.jpg

This was on the 104.

150737.jpg

150738.jpg

This was on the 129

I got to tell ya.. when I put 10.50's on the 129 it was tooooo close.

Kendell, yes, that's a 42" and yes the 48" deck looks the same with the squared off corners and yes they did come on 1x8/9 series tractors but I believe were phased out when the 44" and 50" decks were introduced. HOWEVER, keep in mind that Cub Cadets came without mower decks as standard soooo a dealer could have left over mower decks to sell with tractors.... <FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT> My comment to Richard that his decks were reversed is only due to the 44" deck NOT being on a 104, not that his 129 has a 42" deck, that would be OK. Is everyone confused yet?
dizzy.gif

AH! Richard you have an even older "cast end deck" aka "pin on deck" on the 104. That was a hold over from the 70/100 and 1x2/3 series. Read below where I mentioned that a dealer might have left over mower decks.
150740.gif

Richard, that cast end deck should look like this, as far as colors go anyway...

150742.jpg

Seth
I had the same problem with a new regulator trying to start my tractor as soon as I connected the wire to it. You are probably using an aftermarket regulator-not a regulator from Cub Cadet. I tried 3 different regulators and finally purchased a new one from my local Cub dealer and all was fine. Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back