• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 28, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanner

displayname
Scott Tanner... Can't even see the Cub in this mess..
Wow!! first time for me w/ the archive bug!!!

Uh-oh!! someone's poking the bear!!

CubCubCubCubCubCubCubCub
to keep it on topic,

Has anyone used a group 70 battery in their WF cub? It looks like it would fit, it is only a little wider than a L&G battery, and taller, but the side terminals mean it could stick up a little....
150675.jpg

Could anyone direct me to instructions for installing or better yet removing my spring assist from my model 70 so I can split it for tranny service?

I have a 125 with a rear sleve hitch for my rear blade. I now have a rear plow for it but need something else to make it fit. The sleve I have now is about 10" wide and has 3 sets of holes that are horizontal for the blade but need something to fit the plow with 3 sets of holes that are vertical. I don't want to spend much and can rig up something that will work but would like to possibly do it right. If you know what I need, please advise me. Thanks

Tim K.
Move your lift handle all the way forward to relieve the tension on the spring.
The loosen the bolt that goes in the end, and things should just fall out of place from there.

Well..seems the past will once again live up to par...Every time I get a set of much needed wheel weights they end up going down the road, this time for a deck and undercarriage for the 1450. So this leads me to another hairball idea in which I need some advice.

I have <font size="-2">i think</font> 6 old batteries, 2 are car batteries, I've been thinking of draining the fluid out of them then cutting them apart to get to the lead that I can melt into a form for weights. Wont be wheel weights, will be something I can bolt on to the rear of the frame. The only problem I'm running in to is what to do with the acid that I drain out. Any suggestions ?

Lonnie,
My local TSC in Westminster had pretty reasonably priced batteries. 200 amp for 21.99, 280 amp for 26,99. I did notice that the core charge went up. Last year it was $6, this year it is $10.

Brendan: Scares me. If you want to melt lead, though, a lot of garages don't mind getting rid of their used wheel weights. You can melt over 150# of lead into a .50 cal. ammo box. It's kind of fun to see the metal wheel weight clips float to the surface.
construction.gif

Kraig...thanks for the pics. I like where he put the muffler. I'm going to use the 73 as a mule so I don't have to worry about having a deck under it. I don't have a clutch for it anyhow, when I took it off it was in real bad shape. So far all the atv mufflers I have looked at have inlets that are pretty small, maybe an inch. I know I have seen some bigger just need to find some. If I need to I will get a piece of 4" exhaust tubing and squeeze it in a press until I get an oval shape and make a muffler.

Frank..I've tried that, called and stopped at every tire shop or garage I could find in the area and they either reuse them or already have someone picking them up to recycle
dunno.gif

Last time I called a salvage yard they wanted $1.50/# so for right now thats out of the question.

Richard P.

That is the look I was going for when I gathered the parts to build it.

Thought it wouldn't be too hard to make a muffler like this, the main body is 3" muffler tubing. The rest wouldn't be hard to fab. Has a little Supertrap design in it too.
150688.jpg

Dennis- good point...i should light my White lt 14 with light on both sides of deck and rear. also i need to light the 71. on the 71 i would like to have mounting brackets run up from the push-blade sub-frame mounts {each side] and out[90degree]since i prefer not to drill any holes on 71. i live in the country also and have Amish neighbors. when there is work to be done,get'er done!

Frank- speaking of .50cal. had a good time with a friends new Imi Desert Eagle......wow! what fire power! will make any man's hands feel small. he had to wait 2 weeks for ammo,though.

Brendan B, (Arm+Hammer) bicarbonate of soda will neutralize an acid. but I,m not sure what amounts are needed. Also I dont remember if its pour an acid into a base(A+H) or the other way around. One way will make it spatter on you. Lastly, as you recall KentuckyKen warned about lead fumes from melting lead. Go buy a few ccement blocks they're about $2.50 each.
shhh.gif

Got everything apart (the easy stuff) except the roll pin on rear coupler. Is this a spirol pin or roll pin, either way I need a longer punch or pin punch.

Charlie, not sure if this is correct but I seem to have strong tension with lift arm in either position but strongest with arm forward. Everything looked to be assembled correct and I got it apart ok.

Allen...thanks for the suggestion. Yep, knew about the fumes, I have a canister respirator and even a fresh air respirator for painting so fumes are no problem. Just the acid part....

John...those Desert Eagles are sweet, my bil has one in 357mag. Very nice shooting guns. For big hands for sure, fits me good.

Brendan B., too bad you are not closer. My work does not reuse our wheel weights. In fact, I think the last constructive use they had was my boss reliving his childhood making toy soldiers out of them.

Can someone explain how to resize pictures, so that I can post some? Thanks

Greg:
Rather than having us rewrite the book, take a look at this article. When you get the resizing program, keep in mind that the target size for this forum is a maximum size of 100K and a maximum width of 640 pixels. BTW, I found the link above by Googling "How to resize pictures"..
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back