• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through April 24, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twesenberg

displayname
Tom Wesenberg
Can someone please post a picture of a correct headlight for my 1962 Original Cub Cadet, so I know what to look for at swap meets. Thanks

I have a 42" mower deck on my 129 with spindles that seem a little too sloppy. Is there any way to tighten these up without spending a whole lot of money? Deck #422U1113. The deck pan is in really good shape.

Calvin,
The 3 point lift appears to be IH, the lift straps and sleeve hitch adaptor I don't know.
I have never seen lift straps that were angled like that.
Alot of folks have made thier own sleeve hitch adaptors, so I can't say who made yours.
At any rate, getting that set up for $25 extra was a steal.
Brad

Tom Wesenberg
Tom here are some pictures of my 1961 Original with the head lights mounted. I can get better pictures in the am . I have them off now to paint the tractor. Hope this helps,if not let me know.
189151.jpg

189152.jpg

189153.jpg

Roy N.-

Paint sprayer. That way you can use hardener in the paint so it will be nice and shiny and stay that way for awhile. Rattle can paint fades just about instantly.

Dustin S.: (tubbyfirefighter) Welcome!
groupwave.gif

Getting worn out from all this jumping up and down and waving, lately. That's a good thing.
Anyway, Parts Lookup gives the same numbers for the K321 and K341 crankshaft and flywheel. Flywheel is NLA.
smile.gif

Hey Guys,

I bought a 782 hydraulic lift cylinder that has a spot of rust on the shaft. Is that a bad thing?

Norm

Tom W, C C Specialties<font size="-2">(up top in the business cards)</font>has those lights as a kit. But they are a few $$.

Norm - It's not a good thing for sure but depending how big of area it covers it can be lived with. Polish it up with sand paper going down to at least 400 grit.

I've seen loaders sit outside for a long time with the cylinders extended ... not a good move !

Marty - Same

Norm - A little more detail ... a rusty shaft would be more troublesome on a double acting cylinder because a seal would be contacting the shaft to retain the retracting pressure. Single acting cylinders don't have that worry as the fluid is on the other side of the piston.

I just bought a 1650 hydro tractor.I dont know alot about them,so im trying to find out.I dont know if it has a sleeve hitch or what??? It runs great just needs front wheel bushings and bearings.any info will be greatly appretiated..thanks....pslaton

Jeff, great pics! I am still waiting for a belt to come in locally to actually try my tiller.
I do have to wonder about the degree of motion on mine (128 and I think the same tiller); I am not sure I am getting 9 inches of motion on mine.
Out of curiosity did you have to do any prep for the area tilled? I have not tilled before.

-Scott

I recently saw a 1450 with a "new trailer axle spindle kit", what does this mod include? Is it just hub brgs and rims or do the spindles get changed to? who offers a kit? It was said to greatly reduce steering effort, I would say the tapered brgs would be a lot better than stock. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Glenn

Does anybody have the Kohler part number for the throttle shaft rebuild kit?

Thanks

Can anyone provide a measurement of the height and width of the IH badge that goes between the headlights on an 82 series? I've got a lead on a metal IH badge that is 2 5/16" wide and 2 9/16" tall but I don't know if that is the proper height/width for my CC.

Thanks,
Roy

Latest posts

Back