• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 18, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kide

displayname
Gerry Ide
Quake was felt here in central Michigan.....woke me , the cat, the two cockatiels and the wife up.. Birds did <u>not</u> like it at all.....

Started looking seriously at getting the 149 bought last year running (with the smoke..). Discovered the previous owner may have been a blacksmith.. Driveshaft has u-joints (not high speed ones)on both ends. Printing out Dave Kamp's driveshaft mod from the Cubfaq page now...

I slept through it.....didn't notice anything out of the ordinary at the house this AM, and didn't even realize it happened until I was on the way to work at 7AM.......neighbor told me about it when I dropped Steven off to get on the bus.

Thought I better check and see if this was broke or not.
biggrin.gif

Hi, I'm Noah.
First post here, although I've stopped by and snooped around for a couple years. Being a life long city boy I never had use for a riding mower till my family and I bought a rural 40 acres near Darlington, WI. Ended up buying a 124 (I think) w/ mt and about 4 coats of paint on it and it's been running/ mowing well. We've also got into trying to do some prairie restoration up there too. This has required mowing several plots of various sizes. I had the idea (crazy?) of taking another mowing deck and working it into a towed, self powered (vert shaft eng), outboard mower. The idea is to hitch it to the back and tow it around off center left on a bar, doubling my swathe when needed. It wouldn't be self propelled, but it would be able to swivel. I certainly have the tools and ability to fabricate this, but I'd like opinions if this is workable.
Thanks!
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif
quick sketch
outboard mower for cub cadet.bmp (69.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Bcorn.

Rear rims are 15" mini spares from pontiac grand prix.
Tires are 7.60-15 Americain Farmer sold by Miller tire.

Earthquake?
What earthquake??
Never felt the ground shake up here in NW Wis.

Noah, welcome!
wave.gif
groupwave.gif

Here's A LINK to a page here where guys post custom stuff. Scroll down the page and you'll see photos that I posted of Darryl Schmidt's custom, powered dual tow behind mower.

Nice sketch BTW.
happy.gif

I'm new to cub cadet collecting although I have owned and used several over the years. I just aquired a 72 that I hope to restore as my first project. I also have a model 76 that I can't find any references to. It has a 3 speed transmission that is driven by a long v-belt. Anyone have any info on this model ??? Thanks

Felt the after shock at 10:15 this morning...that was wierd...computer monitor started rocking back and forth at my desk. It felt like you were stopped on a bridge and could feel the traffic from the other lanes rocking the roadway...very odd from the inside of a building.....

Hello everyone. I have posted very few times on this site but plan on doing so more in the future. I have a 149 that I'll be starting a restoration on this summer. Wondering if any of you can post some pictures of your 149s as a little insperation for me to get started on it. I live near Rochester, MN and I see there are a few of you that are also around here. Hope to meet some of you in person as well in the future. Also have a 125 thats near completion
82783.jpg

82784.jpg

Steve,
My whole bed started shaking this morning and the walls moved enough for pictures to make some noise. Granted I live in a cheap subdivision house from 1970. Also, felt the after shock at work. Pretty crazy feeling.

well in told it came through grant park (ne illinois 50 miles south of chicago not the park the actual town) at about 4:36
i slept thruogh it
honestly i dont beleive it came through here cause sittin next to my cub is my tool box wish had a pile of tools and other various things that if i tap the toolbox it falls and nuthin fell. all the better cause itd a fallen on my freshly painted 100 and id a been pissed it it got scatched, i already found a chip and a dent they werent even in the same spot

also didnt feel the whole aftershock deal neither, and i was in school when it supposidly came

Wow, Jesse,
Did all the attachments come with your 149? My 149 was the first I bought, and now I have seven, just don't tell my wife!! Going to pick up a 129 with QA42A blower on monday. These things are addicting.

Josh

jesse,
go the the vault and search for photos or 149 and you should find some of "kens" 149. A few years back 2002/3 There were some great pictures of a 149 one of the guys had restored. IIRC I did see this machine at PD3. very nice.
Have fun and that was a good score with all those goodies. figure about 200 each

Cheers
Dudley

Thanks for several replys on front wheel bushings for the CCO's. Got luckey, localdealer had a set in stock. I was the third set sold this year. Wanted to know if this one was going to red power. Don't think it is going to be that nice.

Back