• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 18, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent tractor Patrick, most of the red color cubs are highly collected as it was the only time the Cub Cadet line was painted red. My wife and I have 2 red 82 series cubs. Welcome to the site! Mike and Michele T

Tie rod ends -- Are they both 3/8 NC, right-hand? I need to order heim joints but I can't remember what the size should be...

Thanks!

We had a little Cub Time Today. Jim has his 125 over for some hitch installing and general seat time lol
82864.jpg

Thanks Kendell, I just placed my order for 8 of those and some other stuff. McMaster-Carr has a lot of neat stuff....
bouncy.gif

What can cause tight steering on a 982? I have greased the spindles, as well as every other zerk I can find, there was one on the bottom of the steering box and one on the swivel plate that is in the middle of the front axle. All the tie rod ends look good with no play. My wife's 582 almost feels like power steering compared to my 982. I do plan to upgrade to power steering on the 982, but not for atleast a year. Thanks Mike

Now that I figured out the set up on my tiller it sure digs nice. All it took was about 30 minutes to turn under most of the yard and the garden at the neighbors. I am impressed with the digging ability. Tree roots really didn't bother it much. Sure am glad I picked it up.

Is there an easy way to install and adjust the carb/governor linkage? The Kohler book stinks and the manual kind of generalizes. I have a K301 in a 122, original governor arm and carb.

Tried to install and adjust, but there seems to be too much spring tension for full throttle and the throttle lever backs off.

Thanks,
Alex

Guys,
A few weeks ago I posted on how my 147 was in a state of constant discharge electrically when I turn the key to the on postion or start. Also when I am running it does not seem to recharge the battery. So I replaced the S/G and installed a new wiring harness as well. The problem persists. Could it be the voltage regulator? I am stumped as to what to do next, any ideas?

Wes V.-

That's pretty much all that's left.....

The voltage regulator is usually one of the first things I look at, after checking continuity of the wires.

Latest posts

Back