• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 18, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie has a regular red light district going. Ken should be sniffing around any time now!

Hey Josh,
Yes, all the attachments came with the tractor. Bought the whole works at an auction for $200.

This is a 169, but basically ther same as a 149 save for the engine size.

82808.jpg

82809.jpg

82810.jpg

82811.jpg

82812.jpg

got a 73 and a 1250, both missing batteries, anyone got an idea what style goes in them? any help is appreciated.

149, did someone say 149, my latest "aquirement" and yeah, I'm proud of it, heres a couple of pictures of it in the Lonnie B. auto mode grading my driveway............. Tim H.

82816.jpg

82817.jpg

Brad, I've always used a standard lawn and garden battery in my 1250. They were always $19.99 but it seems like the last one might have cost more. A 2 or 3 year lifespan has always been pretty typical for mine. I never looked at trying to get a different/bigger battery under the seat.

Jesse,
Don't think you got hurt at all! You stole all the attachments!!
err.gif
. Nice find. Sure do like the hydraulic lift on my 149. My 169 also has a hydro lift and lifting that tiller is a heck of alot easier.

Josh

Happy Spring everyone! rolled out the old girl (122) this morning, popped my battery in (charged it the other day) got nothing. nothing. I cleaned ground connection to frame and all the other connections to the solnoid (last summer I had to Whak! the solonoid to get it to turn) bought a new solonoid today and I stil have nothing. Where would any of you all start the testing? Thanks! Dave- Finger Lakes, NY

Matt- put the charger on again, just went out and I got her going- I will keep an eye on the ignition switch though. Dave

2-3 years on L&G batteries?
When I got my 129 in '85, it still had the original battery in it (and it was working). Just because it was 12 years old, I put a new Diehard in it so that it wouldn't drop on me in the middle of the winter. In '96, I put a new one in when I put the new crate motor in - it's still what I'm using today. The only thing I can figure is that it gets used at least 3 or 4 days a week for something, but 3 batteries in it's lifetime isn't too bad (considering that the first 2 went on to other duty)..
coffee.gif

Hello
I took the kids to look at some other cubs today
82821.jpg

82822.jpg

Not many in my region of the country.

david P

If you still have the safety switch on the clutch pedal. My 129 sometimes takes a couple of stabs at the pedal to scrub the contacts to get the circuit going. However Ignition switches are pretty notorious. I have had three that the prong on the back of the switch rusted off.

Have fun.
Dudley

I got plenty of seat time this week.
Tilling on a 125. 10 hrs.
discing and dragging seed bed 3 hours.
Mowing on the 129 5 hours.

wrenching on the 125 and 129. 16 hours.
Install motor. reattach right angle tiller box. 125
replace Starter generator on 129 rear bushing failed. Melted end plate. not good. Oh well I keep spares for most things.

See it is all fun.

Just a comment on batteries: I replaced one on my 125 last year that I bought in 1999. Don't rely on the Cub Cadet to charge it up. Use a slow charge and tie the battery down. If you have lost the tie down, usea bunji cord. The interstate salesman told me that the vibration and bouncing was rough on them. I seem to get 8 years or so out of mine.

Good Cub day. Wife had to try out the new seat, or at least till the old one gets sent out for resto.

82844.jpg

82845.jpg

Girls look pleased with the seat....Mom got suckered into a Cub ride/drive. That will teach Mom to sit on the Cub...
roflol.gif

82846.jpg

82847.jpg

well almoat bought a 12? at an auction today was a hydro. spent to much on other stuff. it went for 200 though but wasnt to pretty on the eyes much less that great mechanicly so o well no loss

Got in some seat time yesterday, shreaders off and the tiller is on and running I just need to get it dialed in. It is only digging down about 3 inches, it should go more than that. I just threw some 3/8 inch bolts in the lower holes to try it because I didn't have anything else, I'll be getting the right pins today.

Has anyone ever tried to make a power rake for dethatching lawn out one of these tilers? There is a posibility of picking up another tiller that is pretty much junk so I wouldn't feel bad a cutting it up. I know it is a crazy idea but...

Did Cub Cadet ever have such a thing avaliable for these tractors. Anybody have pictures of the sand trap rake that is listed as an attatchment for the 129? It would be a fun thing to take to the old mans and groom the beach with once in while.

Good morning,
I posted last Sunday about my red 782 that I would like some info on. I'm new to this forum and actually don't know much about these old cubs. I bought it from a neighbor when I moved outside of town, and have been using it ever since. The VIN is 2050594U665777. Can anyone tell me how old, and is it collectable or just an old tractor? Thanks!

Pat Pat: From the FAQ's at top of page, it looks like your tractor was born October, 1979. Running through those FAQ's can be an informative and entertaining journey. Pay special attention to #23, and have a great day!
bubbly.gif

Back