• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 13, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don B,
Looks like your trailer might be a little heavier in the tail than the tongue. You might want to be careful when you release the ball hitch. The hitch might fly up and hit you in undesirable places. I have been there and done that.
eek.gif

Terry B thanks for saving me from undesireable pain I certainly don't need that.
Question? are any of the above sponsors located in the Northwest
Thanks Don

Don B,
I clicked on the Binder books box and got this,
Binder Books
PO Box 230269
Tigard, Oregon 97281-0269

That close enough to N.W.?
But then again Bob Necker who is one of the B's in B&B, lives alomst out that way and I know he have some extra stuff layin around, grin

Thanks Charlie, I've dealt with Binder books for manuals now I'm lookin for gaskets,exhaust,spindle oh my my I should've just kept cuttin the grass.
I'll try to connect with the Bee

Kraig, I'm definitly going to make nice with the guy at the parts store. Just before I left, one of the fence crows that were in there asked him what he was doing down behind the counter in all those old books and files, and he told them, "Somebody finally came up with something interesting enough for me to start looking." I'll pay real close attention to what he has to say when I go back. Maybe he'll need someone to help him inventory that shed, too.

Bryan/Charlie,
Don't get me started! How th e h--l does a person post 'em so d--n fast anyhow?

Tom H,
It's a program called Turbo Lister. You can load up 200 items in about 30 seconds and have them all end within 1 minute.

Sigh.... This 782 is costing me more and more every day!
rant.gif
I finally got the rear end back in and I took out the motor and started to tear it down. Found out my PTO Coil has busted out the side, but it still worked before the drive shaft broke.

Found out that the aluminum cup that is bolted to the flywheel that has a pin in it; has the pin touqued and cracked the cup. Is this an IH part or is it a Kohler part? Is this from normal use? Is there a better cast iron one?
help.gif

Thanks again for the help! Some day soon I'll have this beast running again.... I hope.....

Just a quick question? I have a 147 that i broke the rear end gears in, I have a wide frame hydro rear, will the gears just swap from the wide frame to the narrow, or am I looking for fitting problems with the worm gear, axles, ect...??? Thanks Owen.

Owen- you SHOULD be able to swap the whole rearend...
The Wide-Frame and Narrow-Frame have same cases... most of it is essentially the same, but the 147 has a longer hydraulic suction tube... the thought was that by winding it around the hydrostat, the fluid would have a better chance to cool... but they determined that it really wasn't necessary.

If you've got a wide-frame donor, and the brakes hook up the same, just swap the whole transaxle.

How'd you break the gears, by the way? (did you misplace some explosives?) :)

Jim- that cup is a Kohler part, and they don't get any stronger'n that from the factory. Send that cup to me, and look-see how much room you have around the driveline- I'll straighten it out for 'ya.
beerchug.gif

Jim:

27250.jpg

It is a Kohler Part. See the above Parts List.
Part Number: KH-52-755-61

Hope this helps,

Roland

Owen,

You could also just swap out the carrier and axles, but the set-up time in that (to do it right) is probably more trouble than just swapping the rear end.

Lonny-
Nice tandem-tandem disk setup! I'll bet the ground came out about as smooth as if it were tilled.

Anyone know if there is a record of how many of the QL models had the front hydraulic option?
Dean

Went out to check the oil level in the 72 this morning, was supprise to see it was still at the full mark, started the tractor and not even a hint of blue smoke.
Makes me wonder why it started smoking yesterday?, I will have to run it this weekend and let the engine get good and warm to see it is starts to smoke again when at running temp. Maybe yesterdays blue smoke was just a fluke or a warning sign I might have been over working the 10 hp.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Maybe yesterdays blue smoke was just a fluke or a warning sign I might have been over working the 10 hp.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I'll vote for this one
bubbly.gif

}Steve do you know of anybody that can do the re-chrome on the old hub caps at a reasonable price?

Larry

Latest posts

Back