• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 13, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glaramore

displayname
greg laramore
worthy.gif

Hello everyone

Chuck, the 1250 is a popular Cub Cadet for the older hydros in my opinion. Very reliable and well built. My family had the 1250, 1450, 1650, 682 and 782. It would be a great candidate to restore. Good luck

guys, I went on the cub cadet site and emailed their customer service, I got a response in less than an hour! The guy sent me a link to a pdf file of the manual. Its not original, but now I have a digital copy that I can print out also. And it cost me nothing.

Chuck

I picked up a pair of front hubcaps at PD that were about 70%. One had about 90% chrome, but the other was fairly pitted.....price was right, so I decided to try and clean them up. Some #0000 steel wool and PB Blaster did wonders on the rust pits, they are still visible and have "texture", but for the most part it's chrome "texture". I cleaned the Blaster off of them tonight and touched up the lettering with some model airplane paint......I'm very happy with the results!!!
happy.gif

27178.jpg

27179.jpg

(the one on the right is the pitted one)

The 782 will get a nice set of front hub caps tomorrow night, and I think I'll paint up some "hubcaps" for the rear this weekend too....the 26# 2150 IH red kind!!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Steve, the price was right, kinda like my transportation costs for a couple tractors
lol.gif

If anyone is headed this way from the St Louis area, and has room for a 4-wheeler, shoot me an email right away please.

.....I did ask you what you wanted for them......
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
(Rust came off of the bad one better than I thought it would...)

27187.jpg

I've been helping a friend find stuff and get parts for this 147. What kind of wheels weights are those? They look like dual wheel spacers.
27188.jpg

It's a pretty nice 147 I think.
27189.jpg

Note the elecric lift.
27190.jpg

Interestingly it has an electric PTO installed also. I wonder if the generator keeps up to the power useage with these options? Anyone else have one set up like this?

Kinda quiet in here today, plowday pics look great, getting some work done on my 109 & things are going easier than I expected,striped her down & amazingly fit everything.. hood,grill,gas tank,subframe,fenders f&r tires & misc tin bits all in my car so its off to the spray n wash. I sure hope reassembly goes as smooth after some paint.
27194.jpg

As i have mentioned befor Cubs & attatchment are just not around in my part of the world so if I want an attachment I have to make it. My fab skills are very limitted but I have managed to create a tilt trailer out of a tow bar,an old frt axel from ? & a galv tub, tolal cost was a box of beer for the tub.
27197.jpg

Went down to my local auto parts store to see if they could get that nice 605 v bearing for me, and it went without a hitch. Got it in three days. That was last week,and theonly thing wrong was, his jobber hasn't billed him yet, so I got the bearing without a bill. Today was talking to the postmistress at my P.O. And she mentioned that that parts house used to be a I.H. dealer. Went down today to check if I owed them money, yet, and asked about the dealership thing. Guy said yes, but that was years ago,"why?" Told him what I was trying to do, and when I left, he was going thru his "archives, looking for service manuals and fische files. He also told me when they quit working on the garden tractors(Cub Cadets) that after a few years, the leftover stock parts found their way to his shed in several tubs. Don't think I'm gonna worry about what that bearing ends up costing me. Would this qualify as a good Cub day?

Curtis, if you end up getting into his shed, I think it's safe to say you had a good Cub day. :eek:)

As you might know I showed up at plowday without a tractor to plow with for the second time. This is why I did not bring a tractor to plow with.
27214.jpg

27215.jpg

27216.jpg

27217.jpg

120 feet long by 60 feet wide.
The 10hp in the 72 started smoking heavely today while pulling the disks, so I will have to find a place to have it rebuilt, for it was cloud of blue smoke comming from the exahust stack.

Craig H,
Your right if you don't mind paying some guy money for coping something that belongs to some one else and making money on it and taking money out of the pocket of the people that we need in the future for parts and manuals! That will end up not carrying them anymore because of that very fact!!!
angry.gif

Lonny B,
GOOD GRIEF MAN!!!!!!
I'd smoke too if I have to pull all that weight with that little engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie -

My thoughts exactly RE: manuals on ePay.

Hey, let's ask Tom H. what he thinks of them
lol.gif

Charlie >
You wouldn't think pulling this disk setup as being as much work to the engine as plowing with a 10 inch plow would you.
The motor never skipped a beat plowing the garden and only used a 1/4 quart of oil from start to finish, it only started smoking real bad as I was finishing up the disking.
I filled it up with oil befor disking, I am afraid to look to see what is left in the crank case, but will have to befor I move the tractor and disks so I can plant sweetcorn this weekend.

(Message edited by lbuttke on April 14, 2005)

PDF location Chuck Fischer

Chuck -- You tantalize with talk of a public URL with a pdf manual on it. Do tell, since this isn't publishing the info itself, can't you sneak the location into a message for the rest of us to enjoy too?

Back