• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 12, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a question on the steering on a wide frame cub 1650 is the sleeve or insert suppose to have a frove in it for easier greasing ... my spindle will take grease but it is a very slow process any thoughts???

IM lookin for pics of originals and 100's and 125's. Thanks. I would like to get one of each of these.

Here you go Christopher...a pic of my 100

149791.jpg

I was wondering if anybody has ever put a grove in part # 8 to get better grease movement
149794.jpg

after replacing spindle, bolt and grease zerk it still doesn't take grease very well

Rob D.-

If the spindles won't take grease, there's something wrong. I've had lots of WFs, and none have this problem. Sounds like you might need a new grease fitting.

Rob D.

Remove everything from the axle on the side that is giving you trouble.
Than try putting grease through the grease fitting.

What happend over time is the grease inside the fitting dries out making a nice little hard plug that takes a lot of preasure to move with every thing in the axle.

Rob D. I would look behind your grease fitting and clean that port out maybe with a piece of stiff wire and some burst with a can of carb cleaner,it might fix your problem,worth a shot??

Latest posts

Back