Archive through April 05, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kendall;
Didn't know you were a snowbird! Bet you enjoyed our recent monsoon! If that auction was at Sadie's Flea Market,I know someone that would have hooked you up with an Original for next to nothing.But then you would have to leave it with me for "storage".Glad y'all made it home safe!
clappy.gif

Ron kiethley please contact me at [email protected] regarding this thread-
https://www.ihcubcadet.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-auth.pl?file=/22774/94546.html#POST121954

And your post here-

My scanner will not work tonight but I will get it fixed this weekend and send what I have to you. I think the power steering kit for the 782 and 982 came out around 1979 or 1980, It was nothing like the power steering on the newer super tractors. I will keep looking for the installation instructions as I'm sure I have them also. I've got many boxes of old Cub materials.

I have one of these and I need your help please.

Thank you.

Scott

Chris B., Reading earlier posts and you have a question on 6-12s. I got a set of Heng Shin tire from "Tucker Tire", I'm very happy with. Lots of lug and about 23 1/2 inches tall. Maybe you noticed I had them on my 72 I had at Travis'. They are made in Taiwan, and lots of traction. Did not spin at all.
Also about 2 inches more clearance for trash or deep furrows than the 23 - 8.50 - 12s on the 1000.
Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. Ron

I need some help! I've got a 1250, rebuilt the carb and it runs good, but the problem is I keep seeing sparks where the choke cable and throtle cable comes through the shroud behind the motor. I've taken the gas tank off , have the dash wiring all unhooked etc. looking for a bare wire somewhere, but can't find anything out of order. Do any of you guys have any ideas or suggestions what it might be? this has me stumped, just plain don't know what it is.

Jim C. I am thinking your cables are being used as a engine to frame source of ground. Check your ground cable for contact or replace it and see if it helps. It should be on the right side of engine sitting on the tractor.
Good luck!

Good Evening Cub Cadetters.
I have a 1450 hydrostatic and have an opportunity to purchase a 1211 w/ snow plow, chains, weights for $650.....input?
Also, how well will the spring snow blade (with springs)work to push around dirt/gravel?? I can get my hands on one for $150.

Jim C.
I agree that it is probably the ground strap. I removed the engine in my 1450 once and forgot to place the strap back on and ran the engine for a while. It tried grounding threw the choke cable and eventually burnt it off..... it was one of those lesson learned sort of deals......lol

Jesse M.
2 things
We don't like to tell what things are worth as location and condition have more to do with it than anything. If you like it, buy it, what difference does it make what you pay for it!

The next thing is, a 1211 is not an
ihrotate.gif
built machine and this part of the forum is for those and those alone.
Except when Tom H. goes off on one of his tangents! He's old a senile, so we kinda over look him a little.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back