• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Animals other than dogs and cats

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awww, Jeff that was soooo sweet. It so touched my heart..((smiles))...please tell your daughter " and well done, with the music chosen!!I felt the expressions of love,kindness and unity between between creature and human..

angel.gif
Cathleen

Jeff B. Those are truly wonderful videos. I'll let Angel know of the latest one you've posted. Thank You for sharing them.

Jeff: I'll second Marlin. I enjoyed the videos. Enjoy these years with your children, when the grow up, they leave; and as much as they need to, and you want them to, you still miss them. Its not the same until or unless the grand children come. Needless to say, I envy you.
smile.gif

Jeff, there's good rabbits and there's bad rabbits. You'se a good rabbit and you've got the profile pic to prove it.
beerchug.gif

Jeff, the video's always invoke a smile. I can truly feel the energy and love your daughter(s) put into creating these little offerings. Another great one..may they continue their endevors with great joy and sharing with us the love and happiness that IS within your home with your pets.

angel.gif
Cathleen

So here I am, driving home last night, doing about 60-ish, approaching downtown on the interstate. I slow down a little for traffic, then I let off the gas to slow down to 45-ish to change lanes. The Trac wouldn't slow down, so i looked to see if the speed control was on, it wasn't. I put on the brake, and the engine is still pulling. I put the trac in neutral, and the engine revs up high. Right about now, I'm thinking that wow, my throttle cable broke.... my tps is bad... i have a vacuum leak... trac is going to blow up... I'm gonna crash... All of this came into my head in about 4 seconds. I shut off the trac while in neutral at 35 mph, and restarted it, same thing. Now, I did find out that the rev limiter that keeps the engine from going over 3000 rpms in park does not work while in neutral... It revved up past 5000 rpm. I then shifted to neutral and shut the engine off and rolled to the exit, made the light at the bottom of the ramp and into a parking lot using "armstrong" steering and brakes. Opened the hood to inspect the throttle, reached under the engine cover to snap the throttle. when it snapped back, I heard this crunch sound. I lifted up the engine cover to see what the noise was, and a squirrel left a hickory nut in there that must have rolled down between the throttle cam and the stop, thus keeping the throttle from closing... Cleaned it out, and runs normally now.... I can't take too many more of these....
bazooka.gif

Scott, Yikes!
yikes.gif
Squirrel Assassins at work... Probably a Red Squirrel.

254743.jpg

Good to know you outsmarted him, this time... Better be on the watch.
Shotgun.gif

Kraig, red squirrels definitely! The meanest little devils in the woods.

But it may have been a mouse too as they'd be devious enough to sabotage a vehicle just so they could take over the whole house, not just a garage! Beware of assault nuts!

Nope... all we be have around here are grey and an occassional black one..

Fuzzy has one holed up in a tree here...

254770.jpg

254771.jpg

Scott, then it was probably mice as Jim mentioned. Way to go Fuzzy!
thumbsup.gif

Jim,
lol.gif

Years ago (circa 1971) the mice hauled a bunch of dog food and left it on top of the engine (307 V8) in my parents old 1969 GMC Suburban. Later, and I believe unrelated, a stray cat climbed up into the engine compartment and sadly was still in there when my mom started it... Boy that was messy.
sad.gif
Glad I was too young (I was only about 10) to have to clean it up.
eww.gif

We have Gray Squirrels, and their Black and White variants, as well as Fox Squirrels and Red Squirrels. Death to all Red Squirrels, they're cute but I hate the destructive little buggers...
angry.gif

254773.jpg

I took this photo of a Fox and Black Squirrel last month.

254774.jpg

This was taken last November.

254775.jpg

This picture of a White Squirrel was taken in 2007.

That Red Squirrel photo I posted below was taken a few years back. I should have shot it with a gun instead of with the camera...

Just put one of those dryer sheets under the hood in late fall, and the enemy is kept at bay! Just position it so it doesn't go el-combusto!
lazerburn.gif

When we had our dogs the mice put dog food in the muffler on my 147. When I started it to plow snow the thing looked like a machine gun spraying kibble.

I am so naive. I didnt realize that squirrels could do so much damage. Its so amazing all the different colored squirrels you have around your neck of the woods Kraig.!! we have the Fox squirrels here.

Scott T, that was one
254869.gif
scarey story you shared with the nut that was left behind in a very bad place by a squirrel "squirreling" away his stash..

Kendall, had to laugh at your 147 spewing kibbles out your muffler...hahaha.. that had to be a hilarous sight.!!

I have a friend who lives in Canada and she said that one time she was getting herself a bowl of cerious and she realized it was a selection of what she had in the cupboard and had that aHa moment that the mice had been busy at it. Hence the cereal went to the trash.!

cathleen

Back