50 inch mower deck

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edale

displayname
Everett Dale
I broke the belt in my 50 inch deck. When I took the top of the deck off to get at the belt I noticed the pulleys were pretty rusty and pitted. Is there a way to clean them up or should I just replace them? How do I remove them? and what torque setting for the nuts when I put them back on.

Also, what is the belt size? I know I can order an OEM part but having a temporary belt on hand seems like a good idea. I'm guessing the belt is 85 inches and 5/8 inch wide but it's hard to tell from the damaged one. It was really torn up.

-everett

Mule drive twists? I think that's for the belt that drives the whole deck, I was speaking of the belt in the deck that drives the spindles. Thanks for the link tho' it'll help.

-everett

Anyone out there know where I can find instructions on installing 50 inch 3 spindle mower deck on my IH 982?

Thanks,Digger and Allen! Just bought this 1981 IH 982 with 50" deck, 2 stage snow thrower , Cab and blade included, but no manuals and cannot find serial # on deck.Looks like you all sent me to the right place. I 'd rather be on that Cub than shopping! My hubby loves that!

My 50C deck for my 982 is missing the belt cover. I know of one that came from a 50 deck from a 1860. Two people have told me they didn't think it would fit, but according to the parts lookup, they are the same. The pictures look the same.
Anyone know for sure?

Latest posts

Back