• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

5' X 8' Utility Trailer

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art,

On the tongue rails, I would fore go the parallel rails that go back to the springs. Connect the angled tongue rails over to the side of the box frame at the second cross support. If you follow what I trying to say.

Jim

FWIW.. I'll echo what Jim P writes.
That's how we do'em here in New England.

my point oh two.. ymmv.. yada yada yada..
asthanos.gif

Picked up some more steel and made some progress over the last few weeks. Just have to make a short "headache barrier" on the front, and weld stake pockets on, then we wait for painting weather.

301163.jpg

301164.jpg

301165.jpg

301166.jpg

301167.jpg

Oh, and I have some diamond plate to weld onto the "steps" that are in front of the fenders.

301168.jpg

301169.jpg

301170.jpg

301171.jpg

Looks great, Art. I like the way you extended the hitch outside the frame to make steps. But since you're probably a perfectionist, and since there may be imperfections somewhere, you'll probably want to ditch this practice version at my house, right? (A guy's gotta try...)

Thanks for sharing the progress pics - keep 'em coming!

I was able to view either one and I'm still laughing. Talk about blowing the minds of the public.

So Art, planning on putting an engine in that good looking trailer????

Finally got the trailer completed.

305974.jpg

305975.jpg

305976.jpg

We've already used it to tow some items down to my mother in-law's place a few weeks back, and it tows great! (Kinda heavy on the tongue weight, but that does make them tow better)
Shift.gif

Art, I was just thinking about your trailer this morning as I was driving into work. Probably because I was following someone that was towing a trailer... Looks great!
thumbsup.gif
It looks like a "mini me" version of your big trailer.
happy.gif

Joe-
Thanks!

Kraig-
Thanks, yes good eye! This one was patterned off the car-hauler. Figured if it works, why "fix" it?
happy.gif

Nice job Art!

That trailer looks like it would pull very well with that tongue extension and the wheels set back a little.

Art A. That looks fantastic!!! Next month, I'm planning a trip to Mondoni, Wisconsin to pick up a spare rear end for the Pow'r Pup. So If I'm in your neighborhood may I stop in a "borrow" it for say five or six years?
happy.gif
Congratulations on one sharp looking project!

Latest posts

Back