• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

482's,582's ect.....question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shawn:

The 82 Series ran through 1984.

thumbsup.gif

Did they make changes after thay sold out,or are were they still tuff tractors?

the 82 series styling went on for a few more years after the last red one. They just got renumbered into CCC's four digit system, like 1811, 1810 ect. Still the same basic x82 series, but in yellow/white. Once they switched to the cyclops style plastic (yuck!!) hoods and side panels, I loose interest. Anything that looks like an 82 series is one tuff tractor, and even the 482 and 582 special with the peerless 4spd can be upgraded to an IH 3spd trans like the older cubs or the standard 582. I have seen many 482's that have just had the right angle gear box removed, and the clutch/trans from an older cub swapped in. Cheers Mike
88501.jpg

Interesting,when did they stop using the Cub rear ends and trans.?

The Cast Iron Rear Ends ran through Serial Number 719,999,

720,000 and higher were aluminum rears.

The big differance in the red ones was the 482 and the 582 special. They both used a 4spd peerless transmission that was belt driven to a right angle gear box, like a tiller gear box, and that was shaft driven to the engine. It was a cheaper system and not as robust as the cast iron or even alum 3psd trans. Cheers Mike

Back