• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2166 Backfiring

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
I ran my 2166 16 Kohler earlier this month, today I start it up and it was backfiring bad. I let it run hoping it would clear up and it busted a seam in the muffler. I checked the plug and it's good other than the soot from the backfire. At idle it's semi-ok but above idle it doesn't take gas and starts the b'firing.

What's up? The yard needs mowed bad !

got it running... now the Copperheads can't hide in da grass but the shop is a different story! It's been so warm this year that my neighbor found a foot long c'head in Feburary, last summer I killed a 36" one in my yard.

As Indiana Jones said "Snakes----Why does it always have to be snakes???"....
I guess I'll wait till winter to look you up
eek.gif
Any truth to the story of hogs keeping copperheads under control?? (too bad they don't eat grass...)

Beats me. I've always heard that. We sold our hogs back in 68 so I can't ask one.
I heard that about black snakes too so I let the BIG one I have here roam free. He's around 6 foot long.
Aw come on down, I'll let ya carry the shotgun I keep in my tool box
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">TOP SECRET</font></font>
The almost 5 year old battery was dead and wont take charge so I jumped it with a charger. I removed the charger after it started but it was still b'firing. I thought ... maybe ... naw that aint it.

Today I said what the heck and put in a 9 year old battery that I use when the electric goes out around here to run a flouresent light. Evidently it needs a good battery to work the electronics.

Who'd a thunk it !

There are some benefits to them nasty old points and condensers .... kinda like the new OTA digital TV reception - there ain't no graceful degradation...

Kentuck...I seem to remember from far back that some alternators or generators need a load(battery) to get voltage/current regulators to work properly. Maybe Roland will look in and comment further.

Back