• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2082/1811 hybrid?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmhill

displayname
John Hill
Hey guys, I have a good running 1811 tractor. I'd like to possibly add power steering to it, but I found a 2082 parts tractor for $300, and I'm wondering if maybe I can switch my 1811 engine, rear axle, and sheet metal over to the 2082 frame. I've got decent mechanical ability, but can't do too much fabricating or engineering. How hard of a project would this be? Is it just a matter of moving parts over? I haven't seen this parts tractor yet, but here's what I know about it from the sellers email:

The 2082 is missing the rear axle, engine, drive line and front plastic. The dash tower is there, front axle, all power steering and hydraulic components are still intact, I do have the rear fender pan and gas tank but not installed.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Lots of work John. I started doing it to a 2182 but sold the project when I got the 1572

Look at previous topics on mtd page.

Biggest issue will be dash tower.

If you strip them both to the frames it can be done, but you will need to modify the power steering column to fit the 1811 pedestal.

I have done that conversion on my 782, using cyclops PS parts.

Drive shaft will need remade and wiring / Hyd lines will be too short.

Ok thanks. I think I'll leave the 1811 as is. Maybe add power steering some day, but more likely I'll just find a Super tractor someday. I never keep any machine very long, so I don't want to put too much effort into something that I'll more than likely sell withing a year
wave.gif

Back