• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2072 Hydraulic issue

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssheils

displayname
Steve Sheils
I've got a 2072. There is a problem with the hydraulics. The ram moves when the valve is pushed in either direction. There seems to be no bent pieces- rod or brackets. It came with the 374-Haban 60 inch deck and a front mount snow thrower (?450). Neither implement will raise when attached. Did not need it to mow lawn but want it to blow snow. Any ideas on where to start with the hydraulic system? I may have to take it to the dealer due to a lack of time. If there is any test I can try at home- I have some mechanical skill but no specialty tools. I was wondering if there are numbers of what the flow should be through the valves. The tractor has front hydraulic line which I could hook into if I had the right ends and/or meter/guage. Ideas on where to start would be helpful. Thanks!

You've probably got a sheared roll pin on the lift rockshaft. (The pins that connect 1 to 2) Remove the frame cover and have a look.

179510.png

Steve, if I understand you correctly, the hydraulic cylinder rod moves in and out properly with the control valve? If so, it is very possible that a Spirol pin in the lift rock-shaft has sheared. If you remove the tunnel cover you should be able to see the end of the hydraulic cylinder where it connects to the lift rock-shaft, see if it moves at this point.

Here is where to check for a sheared Spirol pin:

179512.jpg

Oh sure, Matt typed faster...
bash.gif
blush.gif
But my picture is in color.
proud.gif

Yeah, I had a 1872 that the pin sheared. It was a royal pain to get out. I still don't know how it happened as my father was using it at the time...

Latest posts

Back