• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1970 Cub Cadet 73

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jboelens

displayname
John Boelens
Around last Thanksgiving I came across a deal - a Cub Cadet 73 that PO had started to redo - and changed colors. Anyways, the 73 was delivered to me all in Boxes, with the exception of the rear end and Narrow frame. some parts had been blasted and primed. Over the past couple months (with the help of friends and great parts guys!) I've almost completed the project. Everything has been taken apart, checked, and replaced if need be. Sometimes it took borrowing a small missing part off a parts tractor (or two) to make this one complete. Got a new wiring harness from Porch Electric. New engine is actually a K301 bored .020, as original engine had bad crank and rod. We've set it up for plowing - Has a Red clutch spring from Midwest Super cub, Bar tires from TuckerTire in TN. Rear lift has the Brinly lift spring assist also. I painted all small parts and my cousin who is a body man made the beauty parts shine (Hood, Dash, Fenders) after some TLC. Decals will be going on this weekend, and the light package with Grote light will be installed after that as well.

Let me know what you think.

253908.jpg

253909.jpg

253910.jpg

I think they are correct for the make and model - Does something show otherwise? Im curious, as those rims came with the 73 in peices.

The rears I did have to locate, as I didn;t get any rear rims i the package. But I figured I'd need wider rims for plowing rather than the 6-12's. So now it has 10.50-12s on it.

John that looks excellent.

are you going to put it to work or trailer queen it?

Also very important,, hit enter after each picture.

Jeff- Can you tell I had issues loading the pics? lol.

This is a worker! Gotta fill the tires with fluid yet and get the IH weights on it. I'll post some pictures of it plowing this spring. Hope I can make it to a few plow days.

John, Looking good!

Is the top part of the dash waiting to be put on?

Yep. Figured it would be easier to get dash decal on before I set over steering, choke and throttle cable. I'll get a pic loaded after decals get put on Sunday.

John: I'm not sure what size front wheels are standard for a 73, I just think the ones you have on there look cool. They seem larger to me than others I've seen, that's why I asked the question. It seems like a "high stepper" to me, but again, I don't have a frame of reference. I'm sure you'll tear up the furrows in the Spring.

Nice Work John

I agree the tires look way cool, has a just keep digging look.
Nice shine on the paint. Is the grille a powder coat?

Thanks for all of the Good comments. The grille was just sandblasted and painted ih 935 white - no powdercoating involved. My cousin did use his nice paint gun on the hood, fenders and dash for the real good shine. He also cleared them as it will get used and dirt will be thrown on the fenders! I need to get a pic of the completed tractor - She's ready to go plow!

Here's a final pic of the complete 73 - She sure does pull the 10" plow through the furrow great! I'm really happy with this setup. Now... on the the next one!
258790.jpg

I see a lot of the round fender going with the 241, 301 motors these days. Nice work with this m73.

I bet it looks way too sweet with the 10.5 ag rears!

Latest posts

Back