• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1811 PTO won't stay on ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfry

displayname
rick fry
have a 1811 cub and the pto won't stay on .I have replaced the PTO switch and the relay and jumped the seat switch it will run aslong as you hold up the pto switch but as soon as you let go it shuts off. I took apart the relay and it has a 3 prongs the bottom one has constant power and when you turn on the pto there is power to the outside plug then if you jump it across the top 2 the pto will run any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Rick:

First, the 1811 is NOT a lawn tractor. This post is better suited to the Garden Tractor Section.

The 1811 has two different wiring diagrams based upon the chassis serial number. To better answer your question, we would have to know your Serial Number.

The serial # for this cubby is 772901 serial # 148660100 hope this helps as we still can't get the PTO to stay engaged thanks for the help

Rick:

Here is the simplified diagram of the PTO Circuit for your 1811.

151448.jpg

You state that you replaced the PTO Switch & Relay. You also say that you have jumped the Seat Switch out. The ONLY thing left is one of two things. Either the Reverse Switch is bad or some wiring problem along the Brown Wires from the PTO Switch (terminal A) to the Reverse Relay.

did you replace it with the correct pto switch? If Roland's checks come up empty verify you installed the correct pto switch. I'm sure you did as I don't know if the older 782 style switch has the same prongs/placement.

Back