1810 PTO Clutch

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wpaul

displayname
Wayne Paul
Need wiring diagram for Cub Cadet 1810. Having PTO clutch problems. Can anyone help me with this?

Wayne P And from the 1810 Owners manual is:
58965.jpg

58966.jpg

58967.jpg

Thanks Myron,
When I'm mowing and go over rough terrain such at a tree root or other bump the PTO will disengage. Sometimes when I change speed suddenly this happens also. It will always restart. I'm wondering if the relay could be weak. Any information or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne,

I've found on my 'new-to-me' 1811 that the seat safety switch is much more sensitive than the one on my 582. The "go over rough terrain such as a tree root or other bump" is what made me think you might want to consider that possibility...

I would have to agree with what Kevin pointed out. The seat safety switch can be very sensitive. I know the one on my parent's new JD is waaaaay to sensitive.

Kevin, you're a genious. I bypassed the seat switch and it hasn't missed a beat. I will replace the switch. Thanks guys.

Wayne P.-

Replacing it probably isn't going to help. <u>All</u> of my 82 series tractors do this, regardless of age or hours. It's just the nature of the design.

Wayne,

Glad you found the problem. Mine isn't sensitive enough to cause problems on level ground. However, when I "one cheek it" on a side hill, it is prone to cutting out. Far be it from me to condone bypassing a safety device, but it sounds like you've already fixed your problem...

whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back