• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1782D won't crank

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfrock

displayname
Charles Frock
A few days ago I started my 1782 diesel up and when I released the brake pedal it stopped just like you would have turned the key off. I went to restart it and had nothing. No juice going anywhere. I found an inline 30 amp fuse cooked coming out of the starter and replaced it with a entire new one. After this repair I got juice back to the glow plugs and had lights again but it still would not crank. Checked the safety switch on the brake pedal and found it to be in very poor condition so I replaced it with a new one and it still will not crank. At this point in time I am lost as to what to look for. I did find another fuse on the side of the battery box and it is fine. Is there another fuse somewhere or am I missing something entirely?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Chuck}}

Charles Frock

I would check the safety switch for the seat also. You could have a look at all the grounds and give them a good cleaning . I had a problem with a seat switch on a 1782 , it would work sometimes
bash.gif

Make sure you have the pto switch off as well. Look around the wiring to see if anything is damage. Maybe a wire shorted which cooked your fuse.

Hey guys thanks for your input on this matter. The seat safety switch has already been bypassed but I didn't check it to see if maybe it came apart. I will do this next.
The PTO switch is off. The PO did some rewiring for some reason and he didn't do to good of a job of it. I am going to go thru it and tidy it up a bit.

Latest posts

Back