1782 Wiring Harness

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawilliams

displayname
Ray Williams
Hey guys,
I had started a thread on the registry for my 1782 wiring harness issues, but you know the deal there...

Anyway, my 1782 diesel harness was fried so I sent it to xxxx and they completely rebuilt it and it looks great! I received the package via UPS today and I was pretty surprised to see what a nice job they did.

They had to replace some connectors and a bunch of wires but it still looks stock. Everything is wrapped tightly and then covered with that mesh stuff. I'm hoping some of you guys here have access to a 1782 because I have a feeling I'm going to have some wire routing questions...

I plan on starting the install this weekend and I'll try to document everything with pictures.

-Ray

Ray: Welcome to "this side of the road".
groupwave.gif

The Registry was more "East Coastish" oriented, but this is a nice place to hang out. Something new to learn every day.
thumbsup_old.gif

Hey Frank,
Thanks for the welcome.
The harness was melted together in multiple places, someone along the way had cut the 30amp fuse out of the keyswitch circuit (I assume because it was blowing fuses or something). So whatever was shorting out wiped the rest of the harness instead of blowing the fuse that was put there to protect it!

Here are some pictures of the harness after they fixed it. I kick myself for not taking some "before photo's"...

Main harness section. Notice that they added new labels for all the temporary labels I had placed on the harness, if I had known this I would have labeled everything!
195989.jpg

They even replaced some connectors that were burnt.
195990.jpg

They also found a fuse holder and placed a 30amp fuse in it for me. As I mentioned above, not having this caused the harness to burn in the first place.
195991.jpg

Here they wired the key switch back in, I had sent it to them in case they wanted to test the start circuit with the switch in place.
195992.jpg

I hope to get this installed this weekend and get the tractor back into action. More pics to follow!

-Ray

Ray I had my wire harness for the 1572 made by xxxxxxx. The original harness was a nightmare. Sometimes I wonder what PO's are thinking. I'll probably have one made for the 782 this winter. That was also a mess, but I temporarily fixed it for now.

Good afternoon,
I had some time this weekend to put the wiring harness that I put back into my 1782. I didn't expect it to take so long and honestly I never want to do it again unless the tractor is all apart. I had a pretty hard time getting the harness routed back into the proper places on the frame.

I had to take the radiator and shrouding off the tractor to get the main harness section back under the dash...

Anyway, it's done now and here's the photos I promised.

This is what the starter is supposed to look like with the fuse intact!

196134.jpg

Here is one looking down under the fuel pump and middle frame area.

196135.jpg

The headlight area. I ended up re-routing the wires because the engine cover was rubbing up against wiring where the cover mounting hole is.

196136.jpg

There were more pictured but alot of them came out blurry. When I was finished with the harness I changed both fuel filters, some fuel line, the radiator coolant and changed the oil/oil filter.

I turned the key on and let the fuel pump remove all the air from the fuel system before starting it. I was glad when it fired right up and went to a nice idle. I let it warm up and also checked the coil and coolant levels.

I think this is going to be a good tractor, I still need to replace a few body panels and apply some paint here and there, but it's starting to shape up. My next step is to get a rear end cover gasket and some hytran, it looks like the previous owner put regular hydraulic fluid in it, the stuff that dripped out of the front hydro ports when I rerouted the hoses looked like a deep brown.

-Ray

Steve, it was 150.00 to completely rework the 4 sections of wiring harness.

And Charlie, maybe you're having a bad day, but before you direct comments like that at me it might be better to send me a private message asking for all the details...

-Ray

Ray W.
Private email?
There's a distinct advantage being in my position.
I don't have to do anything I don't want/have to!

I know who you dealt with, and I also know that I also have dealt with them and will NEVER deal with them again. Along with anyone else that I have any contact with!

Gee I just read my post again. The part where I mentioned that XXXXX (aka xxxxxxxx) did an awesome job has disappeared. That's real professional.

Charlie,
I'm a bit surprised at the direction this is taking. I was simply stating my experience and showing a few photos that could possibly help another member should they decide to do something like this.

I understand that this is your forum though you came into this thread and accused me of not checking with any of the site sponsors without even asking me if I had...

I appreciate how hard it is to run a business in this economy but I think the delivery of your point to me without even asking what I had done beforehand was a little off-base.

Thanks,
-Ray

Latest posts

Back