• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1650 Hydo ~ 16 Hp Kohler, Replace, Rebuilt or Resleeve

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proper

displayname
PE ROPER
Dad is already hinting around that I should sell my 37 year old CC 1650. Over a period of four years, we've replaced the original Generator Ignition Condenser/Points and Solenoid. Little problems happen, that usually takes him an hour to repair. Before it can be used this year the carburetor and/or fuel line will have to be cleaned, as the engine will only run with the choke on. All the problems with my CC are engine related.

I've been reading up on the subject and it appears I have three options that may help my problem.

1.) Replace the 16Hp engine,
2.) Have the engine rebuilt,
3.) Have the engine re-sleeved.

General conscious on replacing the engine is not highly regarded based on fitting problems and a newer, cheaply built engine could be worse than the orginial 37 year old engine.

I would love some feed back (I may be beating a dead horse). The CC 1650 may have some age on it, and little problems at times, but have you seen the alternatives out there? New is not always better. Thank you.

PE Roper. For heavens sake.... rebuild or if necessary re-sleeve the engine. Good 16 horse Kohlers are getting hard to find. Plus your question should be placed CLICK HERE.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back