• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1572D pto trouble

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdonaldson

displayname
Stevie Donaldson
Help needed. I have a model 1572 with a 433 rear pto.I hit a root with my tiller and broke the rear pulley housing (Part 29 in the part break down)mounting ears. I got a new housing but am having trouble removing pulley and shaft from housing. I have it removed from the tractor. The rear internal and external o-ring clips are removed but I still can't get the shaft out of the housing. The front double pulley pto shaft receiver look to be machined together with no access to the front o-ring. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

OK, I found out you don't beat it with a hammer. I had to cut the housing off the bearing and then grind the shaft where I had used the hammer. Still the bearing and were pretty tight. Ended up at machine shop, new bearings and o-rings, 127 dollars and my cub cadet 145 dollar housing and my pto is back operational. Quick question, has anyone installed a slip clutch on a 42 inch or comparible tiller.I am in the market for a slip clutch.

Latest posts

Back