1572 over heating

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvenezia

displayname
charles venezia
My 1572 is running hot, needle is all the way to the right. Coolant level is good, screen is clean and I have top hose insulated over engine. Tractor has run fine for years now running hot. Any thoughts?

Thermostat stuck shut.
happy.gif

What is the actual temperature of the top rad hose?
Use an IR temperature gun.
When does the needle reach the end of the gauge?
Within a couple of minutes or after running a while?

Feeling silly had dead battery and over heating and missed broken altenator belt. I did look but in my defence I just had eye surgery last Wendesday so sight is a little off.Thanks for the input.

thumbsup_old.gif
Happens to all of us - even without eye surgery.
happy.gif

Well I went from bad to worse. I got the belt on and now tractor won't start I got full tank of fuel, I cracked the fuel line at injector and got fuel. I have good battery cranks very well. When it cranks I get alot of white smoke and it sounds like it wants to start but it won't. The fuel shut off seems to be moving from end stop to end stop freely. The tractor ran fine when I pulled into the workshop to put the belt on but after belt was put on now it won't start. Again all your help is appreciated.

Latest posts

Back