• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1450 worth

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blitka

displayname
Ben Litka
Hi, I am a newbe to here.I am looking at a 1450 in very good shape with plow, wheel weights and chains. No deck, no aux. hydrolics. What do these go for? Thanks
150281.jpg

yea, keep in mind that these Ih cub cadets are the best on the Planet! that tractor right there will last you a life time,using good common- sence and preforming normal up-keep.just as they dont make a 67 ford 3/4 ton, same goes for that tractor.if ya like spending money, i would take the 67 over ANY new truck today! get what i'am say-in?

Thanks for the input, I will try to go look at it this weekend. Would 600 be high, low or normal? It is at a dealer, he took it on trade, said he needs to get 600 out of it.

Ben, go look at a brand new garden tractor, how it's built and what it's built of, thickness of the metal, take note of how much plastic is on it, and what the price tag says,
jawdrop.gif
Then with all that in mind, look at how that 1450 is built. Yeah it might not have a cup holder but you can buy an after market cup holder with the money you'll save. AND, after a few years your (note I said "your"
wink.gif
) 1450 will still be going strong while that brand new one that you didn't buy would have been worn out. Be sure to ask what work the dealer has done on it, ask them about the ISO mounts. If the dealer has not changed the Hy-Tran and filter see if you can get that done as part of the deal, or at least get the filter and enough Hy-Tran to do it your self.

BTW, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif

Ben- the push blade used go for about 150.00 , weights and 2 link chains go for about 150.00 new. go check this stuff out man....i'd say its a very fair price. look it over well
[engine/drive line] and dont him-haw over it too long, it will most likely be gone by then!

Thanks, I know this is a well built machine. I am going to look at it later today. I was more curious as to what they are selling for. I will do all the maint. to it when it comes home.

Ben,

I bought a 1450 with a deck a couple of years ago in what appears to be similar condition. I have a little more invested in that with repairs, and purchased accessories (I had to buy a blade, chains and a tiller). I would look at the suggestions here and make an informed decision. I dont think you will be unhappy with the tractor. IH built Cubs are the best on the planet, I am a second generation cubber (like alot of guys on here) and many of them still have and use the same tractors they used as kids. My Dad still has the 149 that he got in 1978 when I was 4. It is still running and working hard, it gets uses all year long and mows every week. I figure I will inherite his Cubs some day in the very distant future and will pass them onto my kids someday. These machines with a little "love" will definatly last a lifetime.

Ben,

Nice 1450.

Looks like you got some good advise here. This is perfect, "They go for what ya pay for one." Even though it does not say what something is worth it says if you like it and you need/want it then buy it.

I've yet to pay anymore than $500 for a Cub Cadet, most of mine have been MUCH less. And most of mine did not look that nice.

I recently talked to a guy who had Cub out back that he may be getting rid of, well my phone rang at 10:15pm last night and I did not answer it. This morning I checked my message, here is the shorted version of the message. Hello Vince, the Cub I have out back is a 76, it is missing a front wheel, the motor is loose, call me back I am thinking $500.

Ah, I will call him back and let him know I will not be the new owner of that... He had said it was yeller and white so it is not a Spirit of 76.

Vincent,
$500 for a suspect 76? I say you did well not to answer the phone when it first rang. Myself, I might had chuckled a bit at that.

I did get to look her over today and took her for a spin. It started right up, no smoke, ran smooth. There are no leaks and it looks better in person than the pics. I will keep all you informed. Thanks for the help. There are no aux. hydro., but it does have hydro lift.

Well heck if it looks even better in person think of it as how much will you spend on new box store junk and will you replace the box store junk in 3 years with another box store junk of another brand...

I get to drive around several counties in Northern OH on an almost daily basis. The Cubs I see on the front lawns usually look much worse than your photo, have no implements and have a cardboard sign with the very common price of $450 listed. You might take a look at your local Craig's List to see what others are asking--I think that's how the locals all end up with the same price over here!

well,good luck finding one that good at some box junk store! that set-up may pay for it's self in one snow season.

She is mine, I pick it up on friday. I won the bidding at $615.05. I will post some more pics. when I get it home. Thanks again everyone.

Ben: Congratulations

Three things:

1) This thread is for Lawn Mowers (Lawn Tractors & Rear engine Riders).

2) The 1450 is a Garden Tractor. All attachments are optional, including the belly mower! So, please post all comments or inquiries under the IH Garden Tractor page (the first one at the top of the listings).

3) The 1450 is a Quiet Line (QL) Garden Tractor. It has the infamous Iso-Bar engine mounting system. At it's age, the engine mounts are almost guaranteed to need some attention. Please go to the FAQ and find out about the Iso-Bar modification needed to put your 1450 engine and driveline back into good operating order...
I own an 800, 1200 and a 1650 all with the Iso-Bar modification. They are great tractors once modified!!

Myron B

Good choice Ben! glad to see you now have it. i have a 71 and a 72, an almost diffrent animal. but as you see, there are alot of helpful tractor experts here. i have had a ih cc since i was about 8 or 9. 33 now, and i know what i got brother, and you do to! becareful, they are addicting!

My 1977 1450 cub stalls out after about an hour of use. I let it sit for about 15 min and it starts right up and runs great for another half hour and stalls again. it is not overheating. I love this girl but she is driving me crazy. Any ideas to fix would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Al

Latest posts

Back