• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1315 38" DECK PROBLEM

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnewell

displayname
Darrell Newell
Would anyone have any pics or service manual for the 38" deck on my 1315 ??

The spring on the idler pulley came off of whatever it was hooked to and i can't figure out where it was hooked ??? One end is still hooked to the idler.

Also would like to know how a manual says how to replace the belt. Looks like you have take half the deck apart and was wondering if there is an easier way.

Thanks !!!!

Darrell

I am not able to send pictures,it looks like the spring from the idler hooks to something under the right spindle pulley. remove the cover and it should be visible.the deck has to be removed to replace belts.

Darrell...this maybe of some help.
Go up top of this page and click on 'Cub Cadet Parts Lookup'
Enter 1315 for model number
Click on the correct model
On the right side list click 'illustrated parts list'
Second item down 'Attachments'
Now look around for your 38" deck.
Pictures arn't that viewable, but may give you some idea how things go together.
OR, as Melvin said, look under the pully
help.gif

Allen , I tried the parts lookup but didn't show where it hooked that i could see.

Thanks for the info Melvin , that sucks about changing the belt.

Unless there is a hole in the deck for the spring to hook to , couldn't find anything. There is a bolt sticking up from the deck with another spring hooked to it close to the spindle that may work , but doesn't look right.

OK, I did more searching..it goes in a hole!
Go to www.mtdproducts.com
Look for the row of small icons that show their products. Click on Cub Cadet (on left)
On lower left in a box, click 'service manuals'
Next screen enter 1315 and ur serial # (or 1-8)
Now you have a list, pick top bunch and click "maint manual".
That shows the how and where of things.
Of course you can go back later and get an Operators Manual too.
Have fun with 80+pgs of things to read. A.

Allen , YOU DA' MAN !! Didn't know you could go to MTD and get the manuals.

Thanks again for your help , it is very much appreciated !!

Latest posts

Back