• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

129 restoration soon to start

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlcollins

displayname
david collins
this will be my first cub restoration, so I will more than likely be asking for info and help with it once I get going.

290570.jpg

290571.jpg

290572.jpg

David C.
Looks like you've got a good one to start with.

One thing when your posting pics, make sure and hit the Enter key after each pic so it doesn't make the page wide.
thumbsup_old.gif

David--looking good. If you read through some of the other restoration threads, you can get some good thoughts and ideas for your resto. Don't forget to keep the camera or camera phone handy. Lots of pics is a good thing--even if just for a reference of how to reassemble something! We certainly like pics here on the forum too! Also, read through the FAQ's on the top of the page and then jump to Charlie's FAQ's page. You'd be amazed how many of your questions will be answered there before even asking them. Get some ziploc bags and a sharpie. Those to items will do a lot to keep your fasteners and small parts organized. It is easy to think just throwing all those fasteners in a coffee can is sufficient and later just dig them out and put it together! Unless you have taken apart and put a bunch of these tractors together, good luck with that method. Enjoy the process, because sometimes the simplest things will kick your butt at first and have you scratching your head. However, if you stay the course before you know it you will have a better than new machine!!!

not much done to it this week other than take hood off, hinge is gonna need replaced on it.
290626.jpg

Looks like a later model 129 due to the brake style pto, even tho its missing the pto clutch basket

almost looks like its missing the hydro cooling fan also

Latest posts

Back