• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1100 series clutch arm

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwickham

displayname
Ben Wickham
Hello all!

Please be patient as i'm a newbie to this forum.
n00b.gif

I recently purchased a 1100 series cub that was in pretty rough shape when I got it. The right angle drive pulley had been welded back together after it separated in half and then it was also welded to the right angle output shaft.

The clutch arm had broken at some point in time and the previous owner rigged that as well. They welded a ball bearing to the frame and welded a shoulder screw to the assembly itself. Needless to say, the drive belt kept flopping off due to misalignment between 2 out of 3 of the drive pulleys back there.

I've replaced the right angle pulley with a new cast one that I purchased locally. The next dilemma is how the clutch arm should be repaired. I found a bushing and a shoulder screw that i was considering, but figured i would check here to see if anyone had modified/upgraded theirs already with a known good solution. Also, can anybody snap a few pics of the original setup as this has been so tampered with that i'm not sure how it originally worked.

Thanks in advance for the hints/suggestions and help

BR,
Ben

Ben, WELCOME!
WELCOME.gif
Actually the 1100 qualifies as an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> built Garden Tractor so posts regarding it can be placed in the IH CUB CADET FORUM.

Hello Kraig and thanks. my aplogies, I saw the 1100 explicitly listed outside the main heading.
225561.png

Should i repost over there or can a moderator move it to the proper section for me?

Ben, Hmmm, well some here do look down upon the 1100 and consider it a lawn tractor but <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> considered it to be a Garden Tractor. I guess for now we should leave the posts on it here. BTW, I am a moderator.

225563.jpg

Latest posts

Back