Whats a 582 worth?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceckhardt

displayname
Camden J Eckhardt
Ok, I'm getting bitten by the bug again. I've got an Original that my dad bought new in 62 and a 1572 that does everything around the house, but i stumbled into a yellow 582 with a creeper drive, new clutch, but the rest is "weathered". It's supposed to run(still has the B/S). What is the going rate on these machines? Thanks, Cam

FORUM RULES

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

This is not an appraisal site! Questions regarding the specific value of any particular unit, implement or whatever are not allowed. Any posts containing such queries will be removed. Asking if a certain amount for a tractor is worth buying it for is fine.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

<font size="-1">I suggest you rephrase your query...</font>

Sorry, didn't mean to violate the rules. Let me ask if this is worth buying? I'm not a big fan of the B/S motor, but I'm intrigued by the creeper drive. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Cam

I had a red IH built 582 (not the "Special") and thought it was one hell of a good tractor even with the Briggs in it. The only problem I had with it is that the carb system is a b---h to find the sweet spot.

Is the rear end /drive system the same as a kohler powered cub, or is it the peerless type, and how common is the creeper drive?

The 582 has the three-speed Cub rear end that is found on the older geardrive tractors. The 582 Special is the Peerless type rear end. Couldn't tell you how common the creeper is.

Latest posts

Back