• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Warren Newton's health has been failing

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cellis

displayname
Craig Ellis
Gentlemen: I just learned this morning that Warren Newton's health, which has been failing over the last couple of years, has taken a turn for the worse and he is in intensive care today at Mercy Hospital in Port Huron, MI. If anyone would like to send Warren a card, drop me a note offline and I'll supply his address.

I went over to see warren a few weeks ago - his interest and energy for his collection of Cubs seemed as strong as ever. Although he was crippled as a result of damage to his lower back, he spoke with excitement about upcoming projects. It shocked me to hear from his daughter that he is in the hospital. I am going to the hospital today to learn more.

Craig,

I'm sorry to hear that Warren's condition has worsened. Please pass along my, 'GET BETTER SOON, WARREN!' well wishes.

Our health is such a precious commodity, yet many of us take it for granted every day. Being ill during the holidays makes it even worse....

Be careful out there, Gentlemen!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

I just had an idea: If anyone would like to write a quick get-well note to Warren right on this list, I'll print the pages off and run them up to the hospital at lunchtime. I think he'll find the Cub list more cheering than a Hallmark card will ever be.

Some pictures would be cool, too. The more unusual the better - Warren has a passion for oddball projects - 4x4's, dump trailer conversions, etc. Loves anything Cub. He got into them when he retired from the post office and has been into them ever since.

Craig, thanks for keeping us informed. I've never met Warren in person but I have had several email "conversations" with him over the past couple of years. I feel honored that he came to me to help him post his Cub Cadet 882 Diesel for sale.

Warren, May God Bless you with good health soon! I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Warren:
From another "Michigander" ... hope to hear you're out of the hospital and on the mend soon. I've never been to a show in Bay City, but we run up to the Oakley show each summer - maybe we've bumped elbows there.. we'll look for you to be there this coming year!

Quick update on Warren Newton. He had emergency abdominal surgery before Christmas and it was extreme in both the nature of the surgery and the impact on his health. The doctors, fearing he would not make it, placed him in an induced coma (I learned this from his daughter who called me to explain) and kept him under for weeks in an effort to allow his body to heal without the stress of wakefulness. It apparently worked as he is now out of ICU and in a private room. Warren's wife wrote to me the other day to tell me that if all goes well, he will be able to have company in a couple of weeks.

Warren knows that the people on this list wish him well. His wife asks that those of us who are so inclined keep Warren in our prayers.

Craig, thank you so much for the update. I've been wondering how Warren was doing and this is certainly good news! I have been and will continue to keep him in my prayers.

Craig- Since Warren won't have computer capabilities, how about an address? Know for a fact a batch of cards can boost the spirits!!
chef.gif

I dropped by the nursing home to see Warren last Saturday. He is in there for an estimated 8 weeks until his abdomen heals up. I could tell you what happened to him but you don't want to know. He is very, very sick. Still witty, but very ill. He has been selling off his cubs and implements because, I suspect, he did not expect to make it home. I'm pretty sure he'll make it. He's got a 3 pt. sleeve hitch for my 782 that is brand new. I said that when he got out of the hospital I'd buy it. Told him I'd give whatever he had to have for it...so he told me $500. Then he backed off and said since I was such a good friend I could have it for $400.

Craig, have you been over to visit Warren lately? If so how's he doing? TIA

Looooonnnnngggg time since I posted on Warren...or at all for that matter (this farming business is ridiculous).

Warren, you'll be pleased to hear, is doing excellent. His strength is returning, albeit slowly, and he has attended a couple of shows - the Goodells, MI tractor show was a big one. I tried to get there but family affairs interfered.

He is also back working in his shop a bit. Since I now live about 40 miles away and rarely drive into town, I don't get a chance to stop in much but I did swing by there a couple months ago. I was really encouraged by his progress. Skin color is great, putting on some weight, up and moving around. If you could have seen him a year ago, you would not believe he made it this far. He's a tough old bird - and he has an astounding knowledge of Cubs. I recommend contacting him when you've got a problem that defines solution. I'll bet he knows the answer.

That's all for now.

Craig, thanks for the update. Good to hear that Warren is doing well!
happy.gif

I must admit that when I saw you posted on this thread I feared the worst.

Latest posts

Back