• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Using Firefox?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you click Tools->Extensions then select "Get More Extensions", you can't get past a 1.0.4 download page. IIRC, even by just going to the Firefox website you can't navigate past the same download page.

Bryan,

It's just the price of "free" -- you need to put up with BS for awhile. Kind of like living in the land of the free.
bubbly.gif

Jim E

Rick M. -

Secure? Haven't been keeping up on your trade rags, eh?
lol.gif

Jim E. -

You don't have to remind me about free software. I run a Fedora web/mail server at the house that won't upgrade beyond Core 1 due to well publicized yet completely ignored bugs. That never happened when I was running Red Hat or Suse...

I may just have to go with Solaris 10 next...
wink.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I may just have to go with Solaris 10 next...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Wow, you are a glutton for punishment aren't you?
biggrin.gif

Rick M. -

One word: dtrace
wink.gif

Besides, it ain't so bad once you get past things like /devices/pci@1d,700000/SUNW,qlc@1/fp@0,0:devctl

<font size="-2">We should put some kinda geek warning on this thread, huh?
lol.gif
</font>

LOL! Yeah the warning might be nice
happy.gif

I never really got into Solaris. My brother is big into Sun, well he should be - he works for them.

I laughed though when I found out his distro of choice for PCs was SuSE.

Oooohhhh - tabbed browsing comes to IE7...

Running Beta 1 - it's nice...
wink.gif

Secure???<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

The Spread Firefox Team became aware this week that the server hosting Spread Firefox, our community marketing site, has been accessed by unknown remote attackers who attempted to exploit a security vulnerability in TWiki software installed on the server. The TWiki software was disabled as soon as we were aware of the attempts to access SpreadFirefox.com. This exploit was limited to SpreadFirefox.com and did not affect mozilla.org web sites or Mozilla software.

We have scanned Spread Firefox servers and at this time do not believe any sensitive data was taken, but as a precautionary measure we have shutdown the site and will be rebuilding the web site from scratch. We also recommend that you change your Spread Firefox password and the password of any accounts where you use the same password as your Spread Firefox account. We will notify you again when the site is back up with instructions on how to change your password. (Note: We do use MD5 hashing on the passwords, but MD5 cannot protect all passwords against off-line dictionary style attacks.)

After Spread Firefox was compromised in July, we instituted procedures to ensure that we apply all security fixes to the software running the site (Drupal and PHP) as soon as they become available. Unfortunately, those procedures overlooked the installation of the TWiki software since it is not used by the main Spread Firefox site. When the system is rebuilt, all the software will be audited to ensure that security updates will be applied in a timely manner. We deeply regret this incident and any inconvenience this may have caused you. Sincerely,

Spread Firefox Team
Mozilla Foundation<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Back