• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Trying to id an oldie

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdstewart

displayname
Reese Stewart
I have an old cubby that i played with as a kid and am now getting ready to restore. the numbers on the rear right housing are 351530-R7 with an L2 above then 44932 stamped also it looks alot like the on front of this site without fenders or head lights are they missing or did it not have them? other than minor things it in good shape and runs strong last i knew. any help would be great thanks. please email

Reese S: Though this is the Lawn Tractor thread/page and if correct you should ask this on the IH Cub Cadet Garden Tractor page/thread, my parts records indicate that you may have an Original model, as that Casting part number is found only on the Original Model Garden Tractor AFAIK. Stand (facing toward the front of the tractor) just behind the right rear wheel, kneel down with your knees about the right rear axle, lean forward on your hands and look directly to the left at the transmission reduction housing (it's that cast tapered part bolted to the front of the 351530-R7 transmission housing. There, running vertically, you will see the serial number stamped into the case. These stamped numbers can be very light and/or filled with paint so look closely. See the attached photo. I inked in my numbers for visibility. Does yours look something like the one on my website??

Myron B
www.CCSupplyRoom.com
114532.jpg

I have a IH351530-r7 cub needs work just go it. The problem i have is I located the s/n in the same spot but i only see 225 it does look like numbers or letters in front of the 225 it look like a J then a 0 and 225 after it but i cant read it well it could be tc or t6 or jc can anyone help

William, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

Any chance you can post a photo of your tractor? I believe the number you gave as a model number is a casting number for the transmission/differential housing. Here's a link to the FAQ with photos showing where the S/N would be for the various IH built Cub Cadets. Click --> HERE More info can be found -->HERE

William T. Welcome!!!! From your profile picture you have a repainted International Cub Cadet with what appears to be the replacment 8 hp Kohler engine.
happy.gif

William T. Welcome...l

If you read and follow the instructions I posted below, you would not be posting the IH part casting number in place of the actual one-up serial number.

Marlin, Myron, please note that it was waaaaaay back in April 11, 2012 that William T. posted and he has not logged in since April 25, 2012...

Kraig M. WOW!! Shows you what a little stress and no Cub time can do to "play tricks" upon one's mind. Just trying to keep a nice balance of things lately has become rather hectic around here.

Hello all, I have a 1962 original that has been in continuous service by either my father or myself for 54 years now, mowing a one acre yard. At one time mowed Grandmothers yard also. I roughly estimated 3000 to 3500 hours on the machine. Getting ready for the 2017 season. I wonder if this is any kind of a record??? Best regards, Brett Howland of Pennsylvania.

Back