• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

To Restore or Refurbish?? I'm not sure.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsteinman

displayname
Tom Steinman
Great stuff here folks. Lotsa wow. Today I bought my 1st CC. Model 149 with a factory metal cab and Snowblower. Extra nice, but not pristine. So...leave it bone stock & unmolested? Or take her down to the frame? I can see it BOTH ways. What do you 'Pro's think?? Locomotiveman Tom

My tractors have to work to be worth keeping... so I usually take them down and seek out the worn and damaged parts. While they won't end up "pristine", they usually will look nice.

What is it you want the tractor to do?

Mike. Well, I have an 8/foot plow on my 3/4ton...so the 149 will get very little use. The Snowblower...none. I like wrenching...so I will 'Probably' tear the 149 down and snoop thru it. The factory Cozy Cab (Built next door in Litchfield, MN)comes off machine first so I can meditate upon it's future. I will start my own Re-furb. Thread here before long. Locomotiveman Tom

These are great machines if you like wrenching on your own stuff. Aw, heck.. they are great machines anyway! LOL..

To bad you aren't closer to me.. 'cos I'd be all over that cab for my 169.. it's going to be a dedicated snow machine.

Back