• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

The railroad thread...

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!! AWESOME Allen and thanks for the link!!

I’m pretty sure I just missed this while coming across Idaho a few years before I retired.
I had noticed a huge cloud of black smoke way off to the south of me while east bound one day on I-84
It kept getting closer to me but always seemed to be slightly ahead of me as if we were to cross paths.
Which we did but I was too late, all that was left when crossed the viaduct it had gone under was a thin wisp of black smoke and I never did get to see the train itself.
I did however encounter a lot of traffic on the CB about it,
Had to have been an awesome sight for sure.

Check it out and wait for the haunting whistle as it nears a R/R crossing.

Talk about "pouring the coal to it"!!!!!

What a beast!!!!!

Allen, thanks for the link, that was cool! Travis S. would be jealous!

I have a short video of that same engine that Bryan McMeen and Tedd Ill took a few years back somewhere in Illinois. It was belching out a bunch of black smoke as it went by and it blew that haunting whistle.

I live near a RR track that crosses the St. Croix river valley. I've lived here for just over 24 years. The first few years a steam engine would go by a couple times a year. Anyway, one evening just before sunset I was doing some weeding in my garden I could hear a steam engine coming as it got to the bridge it blew it's whistle and it echoed up and down the river valley talk about haunting, it sent shivers down my spine! If you've ever seen the PBS show "Lost Twin Cities" you've seen the Arcola High Bridge and #261 in the opening minutes. I remember the day they filmed it. The helicopter that they used to film the aerial views landed on the adjacent property. It was a week or so after we moved into our new home in the Spring of 1992. My wife and I were unpacking boxes of stuff and we noticed a bunch of cars parked near our property then we heard the helicopter then the train. Here's a link to the show. The train is at about 3:29 into the show right after the title appears.

Lost Twin Cities

Scale model R/R at Spring Valley Tractor show last weekend.
They were busy all the time running 4 trains at times.
306973.jpg

There may have been another one back in the woods when I took the pictures.
This would be a great show to take the kids to.
Great camping there and at the State park east of town also,

Very, very cool!!!!
I like those time consuming hobby items, just never had the deep pockets along with everything else.
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back