• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Testing the pressure of the pump on a Loader

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwalker

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Richard Walker, Jr.
The issue I had was the loader would not lift if anything was in the bucket, empty it would move slowly. The most likely issue is the system has low pressure.

Testing of the Hydraulic system:
Important: If possible determine the operating pressure needed for your system. In my case the pressure relief valve setting is 700-800 psi.

I performed testing of the hydraulic system to determine if the low pressure is a result of a bad pump or issues with the control valve.
Testing was done by adding a pressure gauge and a needle valve in line with the pressure side hose between the pump and the control valve.
The order of installation is important, from the pump the pressure gauge is first and then the needle valve is next.

299608.jpg

Once installed make sure the VALVE IS SET TO MAX OPEN and then start the tractor and pump. Begin closing the needle valve watching the pressure gauge. If the pressure gauge reaches a psi at or above the operating pressure of your system then the pump is functioning properly. If the pressure gauge does not reach the operating psi then the issue is with the pump.
In my case closing the needle valve raised the pressure to above 1000 psi.
This meant the pump is functioning properly and my problem is in the control valve.

I then remove the needle valve leaving the pressure gauge installed for future reference.

299609.jpg

Rich W.

Latest posts

Back