• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Sugar Beets

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbedell

displayname
Roland Bedell
Here is a Case-IH 9180 on Tow Duty.
32152.jpg

32153.jpg

Harvesting goes fast with: (3) Six Row Harvesters, (2) Six Row Toppers, (1) Beet Cart, (5) Semi-Trucks, (2) Tow Tractors

(Message edited by rbedell on November 07, 2005)

The Equipment is owned by Russell Farms - Akron.
The farm belongs to our Family.

thumbsup.gif

thanks roland,
i know the russell boys, i was just down to greg ackermans yesterday bsing. just look for me on the road i run the green 9400 ih daycab. we might have to hook up and start a plow day up in this area for the fellow cub guys.
beerchug.gif

Justin:

Yeah, there aren't many Cub events in Michigan. Seems like you have to drive long distances to get to some Cub events. There about 3 or 4 Cub collectors in this area. Far as I know, I am the only one around here that frequents the forums.

Roland:

Been around the forum off and on since '99 ... North of East Lansing... Few of us in a group I hang around with (it'd be an all-color, I guess, since it's not just IH) have talked about going to one of the steam/gas power shows like Oakley to just putt around the grounds (pretty much the same thing we do with Cushman scooters / Trucksters / old cars ).
My next door neighbor is a driver - worked for Davis out of Owosso for a few years - took the special instruction to get the endorsement on his CDL for heavy loads so he could haul sugar beets from your area in season. Don't think he ever actually did it - left Davis to haul for Mickey D (I like that - we get packs of quarter pounders when he gets to buy them ...)

KG:

I haven't been to the Oakley show. I have been to the Buckley and Midland Tractor shows. Locally, the Thumb Area Old Tractor show is held at the Fairgrounds every year in Mid August in Caro. It has a high flavor of JD, but there is a decent showing of IH. Very small showing of Cub Cadets.

Yeah, for about 6 weeks in the fall, the Sugar Beet Campaign is a "Big to do" here. Farmers scramble for drivers and then it is over until next year. The Sugar Factories hire interplant transport truckers to carry loads from the piling grounds into the actual factories and that goes until sometime in March.

roland,
i hear you on the not many people around our area especially the thumb. me and my cousin (who also is a buchholz driver) are starting a club, "Garden Tractor Mafia". He just bought an old allis chalmbers 410 from Frank Baranic, from your neck of the woods. let me know if your intersted. get enough people together to do something would be awesome.

Yeah also on sugar beets, i have hauled from the fields for about 11 years and transfered from kinde to sebewaing, caro, and bay city for about 7. Also did the sebewaing, factory truck thing for 6 when we had it before DHT took it over this past campaign. I have been the olny guy i know top haul the same beets 3 times. Field to kinde, kinde to seb. and then seb pile to flume. LOL I love sugar beet season for the steady work but i have seen enough of them to last a life time
crazy.gif

Justin:

Speaking of beets, here are a couple of pics of Russell's being here last night, spraying the Beets. I think this is the biggest sprayer unit around here. 54 rows with a boom width of 126FT.
Focus on the sprayer and disregard the green - LOL. They done 40 acres in about an hour.
35759.jpg

35760.jpg

dang roland,
that sure is a big ass spray boom. I helped herford's out over in elkton with the water truck and they have a 36 row spray boom and i thought that was good sized.

Wish i had my camera with me for sunday, helped them with hayliage, their claas chopper can chop 5 wind rows at one time and load a 36 foot six axle in 3 minutes.

Latest posts

Back